Unofficial Mills

The Chris Moyles Show on TV

Jono

Aled's Facebook note reveals that the Chris Moyles show will be on "TV, red button and online". To say it will be on red button suggests it could be some sort of live interactive feature, which I have my reservations about.

If Chris wants extras listeners he'd be shooting himself in the foot to go live on television. Chris Evans proved it was a dodgy format when he took his Virgin Radio Show on to Sky One.

The show isn't the most visual either, which is presumably why Scott got a video podcast and Chris didn't. Too much immaturity on cameras might just clash with drivetime. It will be interesting to see what route this idea goes down...

Will this be on when they broadcast on their breakfast show? I think that would be good. If it's shown later in the day then probably will go down like a lead balloon. i only watched 1 of Scott's show that was aired in the early hour's but found it boring.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Actually I do own the road

i only watched 1 of Scott's show that was aired in the early hour's but found it boring.

Why would Chris' show be any more exciting then? I just don't see how they'd increase listeners by putting it on television instead.

i only watched 1 of Scott's show that was aired in the early hour's but found it boring.

Really? I thought it was amazing. For a radio geek, it's a real insight into the show. For instance, I didn't realise just how many buttons are being pressed, or how much Scott writes down and, unless he's writing love notes to Chappers, I'd say it's all pretty pivotal to the running of the show.

I think it'd be great to see Chris' show on television. The team clearly have great chemistry, and I'd love to actually see it.

There are a number of ways it could be done however I don't think it'll be done live as Chris Evans' was. It'll probably be like a half hour video podcast or something hence it'll be on the red button for a week or so.

My main concern is that it will in some small way affect the quality of the output of the show as Audio and Video are almost totally opposite mediums.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Sometimes here, sometimes not.

I guess it depends on how well their occasional online videos do at the moment. Maybe they're doing better that I imagine they do, and in which case 'video podcasts' might be alright.

As for a more 'live' theme I think there's an element that only geeks will want to see what they've heard already in visual form.

Let's not forget Chris comes over nervous in front of a camera. Alright that's slightly different, it's live television, but I sense this could have an effect on the radio output if it's a regular thing. As Scott's show proved, you can't just moved your head away from a microphone to look at a camera.

True, and on second thoughts is a better bet. But at 7am is anyone really going to be using the red button? This would allow them to use a live stream in the morning on Freeview, Cable and Satellite. BBC Three can't physically begin on Freeview till 7pm so they'd be able to do a live show on red button.

Why would Chris' show be any more exciting then? I just don't see how they'd increase listeners by putting it on television instead.

Because all i saw was chappers screaming while touching animal's. I feel there is not a lot of visual comedy in Scott's show, unlike Chris and the gang, they have some great guest that are better visually also the classic 2 word tango game.:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Because all i saw was chappers screaming while touching animal's. I feel there is not a lot of visual comedy in Scott's show, unlike Chris and the gang, they have some great guest that are better visually also the classic 2 word tango game.:)

You can't be a big fan of the show if you didn't like the livestock lounge, as that was the highlight of the TV series that week.

There is much more visual comedy on Scott's show than Chris' show, hence why Scott got a video podcast and did the television stuff first. There's very few stuff I find myself saying "I wish I could see that" when listening to the breakfast show. And why should it, it's a radio show.

You just said you tuned in to see Chappers screaming at touching animals which you said was 'boring'. You're trying to tell me 'Celebrity Two Word Tango' would work be more exciting. I don't see your logic there.

he has seemingly resorted to what scott usually does on breakfast to fit in the show with the tv work. it is odd that the team running around the studio for cameras is deemed funny by fans who would have despised it if it was scott. what next? mousetrap minefield? stick to moaning, chris, not the stuff scott usually does.

You can't be a big fan of the show if you didn't like the livestock lounge, as that was the highlight of the TV series that week.

There is much more visual comedy on Scott's show than Chris' show, hence why Scott got a video podcast and did the television stuff first. There's very few stuff I find myself saying "I wish I could see that" when listening to the breakfast show. And why should it, it's a radio show.

You just said you tuned in to see Chapper's screaming at touching animals which you said was 'boring'. You're trying to tell me 'Celebrity Two Word Tango' would work be more exciting. I don't see your logic there.

I did not say i tuned in to watch Chapper's screaming at touching animal's, this was on when i started to watch it.

I am a fan of the show but find a grown man screaming while touching an animal not funny.

I think Scott is a brilliant dj and entertainer, but some of the items on the show i do not find that funny.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's just preference of what you find funny then. Out of Scott's five million listeners I am sure it would generate a large viewer ship had they have put it on during a reasonable time as that sort of stuff appears to be popular on the radio show and with the YouTube videos.

On another note, Aled says that the stuff online at the moment has been very successful and they're struggling to cope with the demand.

Id tend to agree that i'd prefer radio shows to stay on radio.

Scott is really funny when you listen to him, but I didn't try and watch his tv show (or even record it.)

Scott and Chappers at the moment are hilarious and you can almost imagine the expressions on their faces as they speak. But I wouldn't want them to spoil their show because of tv cameras.

i say give it a go if enough people like it they will carry on doing it. if not they will pull it, its as simple as that.

i sky pulsed the mills shows at Christmas and i thought they were rather good. if it was edited with more music videos i think it would be a bit more mainstream and not just for the fans of the show then it could have been on a bit earlier.

i will take a look at Chris's show and if i like it i will probably watch it again.

• 4 years later...

It's interesting reading this 4 years later, in my opinion and especially at the moment, the demand is definitely there for a live video-stream of in studio access not just for special occasions. I think what should happen as it is popular with youth and will broaden listeners is to have radio 1 on BBC three live streamed from 4am till 7pm when the day-time shows are on and to try and play as many music videos for songs as possible just like on the official chart...

Views?

hello