Unofficial Mills

Off've

me_man

Run away its the pedant police off've old scotland yard. If all you have stress over is "the yoofs" mangling of our native tongue then you are rather lucky i feel. Don't whatever you do listen to jamie T's album as you may explode with rage. Have a nice day and may your house be free from tigers. xx

Download the Adam and Joe & Jon Richardson podcasts now!

What annoys me are people who moan about it, it's so grammatically incorrectly, it's great to wind up those that worry about that in life. There's far worse things to worry about.

SO, as an English teacher - I'm out of a job for a start then?

Cheers Jono for making me redundant! Wanna accompany me to the unemployment office to collect my giro?;)

I DO believe language is important. Just put it into perspective. Apparently communication is one of the things that puts humans above chimps; not mentioning any US presidents' names tho'!?!! Grammar helps people to communicate betta, innit!?!

Obviously the vocabulary of a language will change and evolve. 'Off of' is really wot people r saying, it actually makes me laugh! I only object to the fact that it is an Americanization - as is the word 'Americanization'!

Still don't like misspelling of 'definItely'!!!!!!:evil:

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

Oh god, she's back.

I quite like that those Islamic Hackers that supposedly hacked Unofficial Mills a year or so back have attacked her personal website. Had they not have been big on beheading videos back then I imagine UM would have looked like this. Seventy two virgins coming their way!

post-5-145327863971_thumb.jpg

Had they not have been big on beheading videos back then I imagine UM would have looked like this. Seventy two virgins coming their way!

i remember that, not what i needed to see at that time!! (any time) i come for scott mills comedy and some jihadists spread there word here!

on the grid.

It annoys me when people say "off of" when referring to people coming from particular places, such as "Dave off of Essex", or when saying that something is "off of the 70s/80s/90s etc.", that's just bad grammar in my eyes and it doesn't make a lot of sense anyway. I do tend to use "off of" when talking about people from TV shows or films though, it seems to make more sense using it in that way. If you get what I mean.

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

It annoys me when people say "off of" when referring to people coming from particular places, such as "Dave off of Essex", or when saying that something is "off of the 70s/80s/90s etc.", that's just bad grammar in my eyes and it doesn't make a lot of sense anyway. I do tend to use "off of" when talking about people from TV shows or films though, it seems to make more sense using it in that way. If you get what I mean.

I agree totally. I think it could perhaps be added to the dictionary, meaning people 'off of' radio shows or TV programmes etc. Grammatically incorrect though when used to describe someones origins, or trying to date something.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.