Unofficial Mills

Best commercial presenter?

GrimsbyGal

Jordan North… ;)

Seriously though, out of the commercial stations I only really listen to Capital but I do think Will Manning is very strong (and could quite easily slot into R1).

I also think Jimmy Hill is a very good commercial DJ (but probably wouldn’t be as good on R1).

I like that Lydia who’s covering a lot on capital. Probably not a right fit for Radio 1 though. 

but lads I like Omah from capital extra and Alex Mansuroglu from Kiss. 

Omah could easily have taken over from Ace at 1xtra defo something for 1xtra to keep an eye on and Alex (if he ever leaves kiss) surely will stand out at Radio 1….they don’t have anyone like him aswell.  I think Aled is scared to be seen as a poacher again so he can’t touch him. 
but Lydia would do well taking over from Aimee Vivian 

1 hour ago, wbroom12 said:

Sian Welby was very good on a evening show solo when she 1st joined capital.

Wasn't she on Heart's evening show before she moved over to Capital to replace Vick Hope on the breakfast show? I agree she's always come across well both on radio and TV (you could say too good to be a sidekick/co presenter to Roman & Jordan).

I agree with the above post about Will Manning. The bits I have heard I've been impressed, had Jordan not been approached by Global, he would've been a strong replacement for Roman Kemp. 

Will is an excellent commercial presenter yes I agree 

BUT

If this topic was ‘Best commercial presenter to break into R1’ he wouldn’t make the cut for me. Same with Roman. Great presenters but I just don’t think they can churn the quality of content in comparison to some presenters with equal years of experience.