Unofficial Mills

8th to 14th July 2007

Jono

I would say that might cause you to develop a crush on Jono, Kelly, but hasn't that already happened?

*ducks*

Is that directed at me? Nah, im in love with an estate agent at the moment, I nearly fell through the door when I saw him for the 3rd time today haha

twitter.com/emgreatorex

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is that directed at me? Nah, im in love with an estate agent at the moment, I nearly fell through the door when I saw him for the 3rd time today haha

Before i go, the fact you assumed that was aimed at you, depite Kellys name being in the post, says a lot ;)

Before i go, the fact you assumed that was aimed at you, depite Kellys name being in the post, says a lot ;)

Hahaha, no no im in love with the estate agent seriously he's lovely and he said "I remember you guys cos of your daughter" I just went what? sorry? kind of thing, but unfortuantly I think he's too old for me and my mother will probs dissapprove.

twitter.com/emgreatorex

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Someone on here said recently weekend afternoons have a big audience. I think you'd want some of your biggest talent here. Which is why there was talk of a reshuffle. I couldn't personally see Danny in this slot if they decided to keep him. 
    • I understand that representation is important. And I can't speak for the LGBTQ+ community. But, as a woman in my mid 30s, I have seen a massive shift towards 'having more women' in every industry/organisation in my lifetime. I have always felt that it should be on merit and capability to carry out a role effectively, rather than just filling a role as a specific gender. Women can be fantastic at everything, but on a personal level I would not want to be hired, for example, as a firefighter  just because I was the only female candidate. I am 5 foot nothing and could not carry you out of a burning building.
    • If they were going to do this, wouldn’t it make more sense to keep Danny at 10.30am and move Nat and Vicky to 1pm? I feel the idea of giving someone a job largely because of their sexuality isn’t particularly good either…
    • Right so prediction time. I think “Summer on Radio 1” which is on the schedule for Friday to Sunday 1-4 from June sticks around longer than the other changes in July. I think that lasts until September which is when we get the new weekend afternoon show. I think they’ll want to give Danny longer on air to see if they improve. I can’t see that happening, so my guess is in September they move Sam & Danni to weekend afternoons (at that point they’ll have been on weekend breakfast for a full year), and they bring James Cusack in to do weekend breakfast. 
    • If Aled decides to give Danny a full time role, even as part of a duo / trio, it'll be the most disappointing decision of his tenure. The fact Danny is still on air and hasn't been quietly moved on 'due to a change in plan' is bad enough!
    • I'd say Danny has been given a fair hearing - and hasn't been up to par. You don't want Radio 1 to be a closed shop - but not being able to usually get the Whatsapp number right should be a dealbreaker. Errors happen even to the best DJs at times but if you can't get the Whatsapp number right you really shouldn't have a regular role on the station. But if they really are that desperate to have Danny on the schedule full-time then pair him up with somebody who can actually handle the technical side. You think of all the capable DJs who are in duos and trios and then you have just have a rookie like Danny left solo.  The LGBTQ+ point too I have to say if true as a gay man feels a case of proper discrimination. It's good to have LGBTQ+ representation for sure but the key thing is that the DJ is good at the end of the day and say in 2021 there was loads of LGBTQ+ talent on Radio 1 in Scott, Grimmy and Adele Roberts among others but at the end of the day they were strong DJs entirely there on merit. And even now there's still LGBTQ+ talent on Radio 1 who are there primarily because they're bloody good broadcasters. Danny is not one of them.
    • There is a reason you don't know who is doing weekend afternoons yet. The plan is still to see how Danny Beard's trial goes on weekend mornings. Newspaper clippings have demonstrated Aled has been keen to push Danny Beard at the weekend and to give him a fair hearing. The plan looks to be to wait and see whether he improves in the next few weeks. The bosses still want more LBGTQ+ representation on the station.
    • I think they should just bring that back as was. It's been nearly 20 years, so do it with a whole bunch of new DJ's. 
    • I think this year has taught us we know nothing 🙂 Nobody would ever have credibly predicted Jordan leaving and all the changes that followed.   I have another interest outside radio and it is exactly the same - the stuff you never expect to happen is exactly what does.
    • Yeah they make the weekend shifts go so much quicker. Like today, the piece about Matt falling asleep in the cafe was funny, it's clear to see why they're going to weekdays. It could well be they were thinking of Danny for it and like you say have decided against that, or like I said at the start it's James Cusack and the slow down on the announcement is him getting out of his contract. Remember he works for radio 1's main rivals. I think it's quite telling that he's doing more r1 cover than usual, tomorrow and then a further 3 weekend shows in a row
    • Nat in for Dean with Vicky between the 28th-30th May.
    • I suspect they’re gonna tie the announcement into something, or they’ve changed plans. I know we’ve said it as a joke but I wonder if Aled was planning on giving it to someone like Danny Beard, but he’s decided against that after the last few weeks. Seems clear to me, though, that if Jordan hadn’t left, then Katie would’ve taken Dean and Vicky’s slot and Matt and Mollie would’ve stayed on weekends, which probably explains why they haven’t picked a replacement yet. If it was going to be the obvious choice, I.e. James Cusack, surely they would’ve announced it by now..?
    • Yep think they mentioned that this is their penultimate weekend of shows but then they will also be on air during Big Weekend and they mentioned they'll be doing 'Party Anthems' on stage during Big Weekend which sounds intriguing. Will miss Matt & Mollie on weekends - they in particular have made that Friday afternoon slot their own - but they'll be great on weekdays. Do wonder if 'Summer on Radio 1' is just a placeholder name until they decide on who will cover the interim. While it's obviously not the case it does feel like they've forgotten there's that weekend afternoon slot to fill given no permenant presenter has been announced for it yet.
    • Zoe Ball is back on the breakfast show on Monday.
    • Just listening to matt and mollie at work and heard them say it's their second to last show on weekends