Unofficial Mills

Crazy chart show

Jono

On 1/5/2024 at 4:20 PM, Jono said:

The chart show is so bonkers these days. Can't tell if it helps revive it or kills it off a bit?

Yes I’m put off a bit I hope it eventually goes back to a time where its the music released this year making it to the charts

The first chart of the year often is due to how the chart rules work nowadays. Murder On the Dancefloor is having a 'Kate Bush' moment like Running Up That Hill did with stranger things. 

Although difference being, Sophie Ellis Bextor doesn't sound as out of place when played as her songs (in particular Murder On the Dancefloor) have had airplay on occasion in recent years on stuff like 10 minute takeover and anthems.

On 1/6/2024 at 11:17 AM, NathanS said:

The first chart of the year often is due to how the chart rules work nowadays. Murder On the Dancefloor is having a 'Kate Bush' moment like Running Up That Hill did with stranger things. 

Although difference being, Sophie Ellis Bextor doesn't sound as out of place when played as her songs (in particular Murder On the Dancefloor) have had airplay on occasion in recent years on stuff like 10 minute takeover and anthems.

Be very good if Liam Gallagher gets Number 1 today gives the chart a different feel and with Murder on the dancefloor doing so well aswell

6 hours ago, TheSaviourisHere said:

Be very good if Liam Gallagher gets Number 1 today gives the chart a different feel and with Murder on the dancefloor doing so well aswell

I think it's unlikely it'll get to no.1 today, although it'll likely stay top 15 (it was at 9 midweek), which is still impressive in this day and age.