Unofficial Mills

Jordan and Mollie

Lily Georgia

2 hours ago, Old Codger Fan said:

Same - and: of the people who have done it since .... Jordan did it best.

I know Jordan’s last chart appearance wasn’t appreciated by everyone.  But I think turning it into a more mainstream show and entertaining on a Friday afternoon is probably the direction to go given the chart really isn’t so relevant these days.

11 minutes ago, ianwilk1999 said:

I feel the same, Jordan and Katie was a brilliant listen. It'll be hard to beat that

Though in my list of preferences I prefer Jordan with Mollie at Breakfast than Matt and Mollie.  Jordan and Katie just did some of the best radio I have heard in a long time.

Thinking to the future, one issue I guess is that Katie lives up North so would really need to move to London to do Breakfast full-time.

I’m looking forward to listening next week. I only caught snippets this morning but it struck me that Mollie comes across as quite polished next to Jordan. It stops him from veering off on tangents so much, which is what I like about him. 

Having said that, Jordan was reluctant to play the ‘northern’ version of Higher Love, and Mollie was encouraging it. I think Jordan feels the pressure to be flawless when he is covering breakfast, so I’m yet to be convinced who is best placed with him really.

2 minutes ago, xxladybarefootxx said:

I’m looking forward to listening next week. I only caught snippets this morning but it struck me that Mollie comes across as quite polished next to Jordan. It stops him from veering off on tangents so much, which is what I like about him. 

Having said that, Jordan was reluctant to play the ‘northern’ version of Higher Love, and Mollie was encouraging it. I think Jordan feels the pressure to be flawless when he is covering breakfast, so I’m yet to be convinced who is best placed with him really.

I always feel Mollie isn’t natural.

On 10/20/2023 at 10:19 AM, AndyK77 said:

Though in my list of preferences I prefer Jordan with Mollie at Breakfast than Matt and Mollie.  Jordan and Katie just did some of the best radio I have heard in a long time.

Thinking to the future, one issue I guess is that Katie lives up North so would really need to move to London to do Breakfast full-time.

I don't know if Katie was offered the breakfast show that moving to London would be too much of a problem! That's a huge show to be asked to do.

I agree with you, I preferred it as Jordan and Katie together, it was really good. That also means that Mollie could be paired with James again which definitely worked and was brilliant when they did a full weekend of shows.

There's potentially 2 brand new shows for them right there that have only come about in the last couple of months.

5 hours ago, ianwilk1999 said:

I don't know if Katie was offered the breakfast show that moving to London would be too much of a problem! That's a huge show to be asked to do.

I agree with you, I preferred it as Jordan and Katie together, it was really good. That also means that Mollie could be paired with James again which definitely worked and was brilliant when they did a full weekend of shows.

There's potentially 2 brand new shows for them right there that have only come about in the last couple of months.

Jordan and Katie are friends off the radioooo I think so it helps.

I do find it odd how so many here slate M&M yet they’re universally loved on other forums and in person they’ve always had longer lines of people wanting to meet them. Not a fan of Jordan as a host, I think he’s boring and does silly kiddy stuff like Greg which is great if you’re a child but most of your are grown adults. Ten to ten and sit down and stand up are the worst segments on breakfast radio. Before any of you say otherwise, Greg is losing listeners consistently so clearly not universally loved. 

On 10/20/2023 at 9:49 PM, xxladybarefootxx said:

I agree - Jordan is so stiff as a radio host but then he has so much personality when he does his podcast. When he started drive time he was super stiff and Vic was loving life. Mollie is super polished and can control the show easily whereas Jordan just seems like the boring producer pressing buttons in the background. He needs to let loose and be more relaxed. 

7 hours ago, Sara97 said:

I agree - Jordan is so stiff as a radio host but then he has so much personality when he does his podcast. When he started drive time he was super stiff and Vic was loving life. Mollie is super polished and can control the show easily whereas Jordan just seems like the boring producer pressing buttons in the background. He needs to let loose and be more relaxed. 

I disagree, I think Jordan is really natural. Just how one wants a radio presenter to be today. Jordan tells a great story, reminds me of Nick Grimshaw and Sara Cox. I find Mollie the stiff one, if anyone is stiff. The thing is it takes time for relationships to blossom and one week on breakfast isn’t enough. I almost think if it’s not broken, don’t fix it. Go back to Matt and Mollie and Vick and Jordan.

7 hours ago, Sara97 said:

I do find it odd how so many here slate M&M yet they’re universally loved on other forums and in person they’ve always had longer lines of people wanting to meet them. Not a fan of Jordan as a host, I think he’s boring and does silly kiddy stuff like Greg which is great if you’re a child but most of your are grown adults. Ten to ten and sit down and stand up are the worst segments on breakfast radio. Before any of you say otherwise, Greg is losing listeners consistently so clearly not universally loved. 

Whilst I do agree in part, I enjoy listening to Greg. It’s like having a silly friend next to you in the morning and with current world affairs, we need more nonsense!

8 hours ago, Sara97 said:

I wasn't trying to say Jordan was stiff or boring at all, for the record. The opposite in fact.  To me, he comes across as almost vulnerable when he covers breakfast, like he doubts himself and doesn't feel like he can go down the silly route too much, as much as perhaps he would like to (even though myself and other fans of on-air chaos would love him to).

I actually found Scott very similar in that respect, especially depending on what producer was working on the show.  Sometimes he would completely let go and things would get crazy, and other times he seemed very much trying to rein things in and 'play another song', almost trying to keep it professional.  I don't suppose it's much different to how lots of people behave in the workplace - it depends what work is on that day and who is around, what the vibe is. I have known my office to be wild some days, and strictly business on others.

1 hour ago, xxladybarefootxx said:

I wasn't trying to say Jordan was stiff or boring at all, for the record. The opposite in fact.  To me, he comes across as almost vulnerable when he covers breakfast, like he doubts himself and doesn't feel like he can go down the silly route too much, as much as perhaps he would like to (even though myself and other fans of on-air chaos would love him to).

I actually found Scott very similar in that respect, especially depending on what producer was working on the show.  Sometimes he would completely let go and things would get crazy, and other times he seemed very much trying to rein things in and 'play another song', almost trying to keep it professional.  I don't suppose it's much different to how lots of people behave in the workplace - it depends what work is on that day and who is around, what the vibe is. I have known my office to be wild some days, and strictly business on others.

I think when Jordan has done breakfast with Vick and now Mollie it is quite a different Jordan to when he did that week with Katie.  He let himself go much more that week.  (And actually his style was quite close to how he is on his Podcast).

He's still the best thing to happen to Radio 1 in a long time.

23 hours ago, xxladybarefootxx said:

I think he just needs to relax, I love his podcast but on the radio I just find him so boring. Like it’s two different people.