The Football Season 2007/08

John

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the day mourinho left was one of the best in scottish football.

Was that the match where Carvalho hauled down Valdez, allowing Terry a clear shot at goal? Or the match with the "Lampard Luck" cross goal which was actually so amazing and memorable because it is rare to see him scoring without the aid of a wild deflection?

the look on the overseas gloryhunters' faces when they realised they couldn't win at home for once was brilliant. and the 'has been' real madrid taking the title from them at the end of the season topped it off. as for lampards goal, it was one of his best, if gerrard, rooney, owen (at the moment), fluffy, goofy, that diving weak b*stard from porto, kaka or ronaldo (both) had of scored it. it would of probably killed zidanes goal in the final a few years ago, and would of been the greatest goal ever!!11 etc.. but it was simply crap becuase of who it was.

on the grid.

poor saha, he was lucky not to have his legs broken in that one (!)

that avram grant is just a puppet anyway, abramovich is probably making the final descision on the team and knows nothing about football. why employ a manager like mourinho, who won loads of trophys in the short time that he was there. and not leave him to do his job? what a tit, mourinho must of been having the time of his life watching that yesterday.

on the grid.

a pleasent suprise for me so far this season has been charles n'zogbia. when duff arrived last year i thought it would unsettle him and he would move on. but with allardyce coming in he has discovered that he can play at left back and the guy has loads of pace as well, 3 goals from that position so far this season. riise eat your heart out.

on the grid.

to be honest crouch sounded a bit up his own arse when liverpool played toulouse. he missed loads of chances and apparently he was waving to his friends not the fans when he did manage to get a goal.

and he sounded well critical of rafa in the interview after, he needs to remember who stuck by him when liverpool first bought him when even the liverpool fans wern't so keen on him.

on the grid.

• 2 weeks later...

<object width="425" height="353"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxTmCD6rKxc&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxTmCD6rKxc&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="353"></embed></object>

unreal. and from a team holding the champions leauge trophy, they are supposed to be setting an example. i hope he gets a card in hospital.

on the grid.

Can't really blame the keeper, isn't that how football's played in italy? So much as a hard stare will have an opponent rolling around on the floor clutching some part of his anatomy. Corrupt cheats the lot of them.

'The light at the end of the tunnel was the light of an oncoming train'

it does make me wonder though, it seems the key to sucsess. world cup and the champions leauge are there. why get injured trying to play like michael owen when you can get hit by the ball and pretend you have a broken leg.

people like him just seem to have no shame. the celtic fan should of run back and kicked him to give him a legit reason to be stretchered off.

on the grid.

did rafa leave riise on the bench this time again? i know he cant help players' forms but why he left him out of the champions leauge game last week is beyond me. he is one of the best wingers around for me (even though they play him at full back half the time).

on the grid.

• 4 weeks later...

i love how all the magpie fans are now going to act like it is the end of the world. i dont think we'll be playing west brom and plymouth next season but this cant happen again. knowing us we will roll over and let it happen every game for the next month and avoid relegation by a point or something. it is the last thing we needed with monster games like scumderland and birmingham coming up as well.

we were beaten fairly by an in form pompey, but i guess it is all michael owens fault. not taking into account the defence playing like last season again. the f*ckwits on the bbc boards are pointing the finger squarley at him again even though cacapa played like he was 40 years old. but on the other hand, owen does look like he has lost complete interest in what is going on.

they all deserve every bit of blasting sam gives them though.

on the grid.

A hearty congratulations to Carlisle Utd for beating Leeds 3-1:) only spoiled by moronic "fans" on both sides fighting in a few of the pubs in town

Liverpool were still pants and Kuyt couldn't score in a brothel at the minute. If him and voranin start on tuesday we're stuffed.

Download the Adam and Joe & Jon Richardson podcasts now!