Unofficial Mills

New(ish) Artist: Kate Nash

Bexy

I wasn't overly impressed in January when I saw her either. I don't really like Lily Allen's style and she's just like a stropier Lily Allen. Still, it seems to be what people want at the moment.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Am a big fan. Will prob get her album at some point. Quite Lily Allen in a very good way

I keep hearing her on the box [since she seems to be on every hour] and i keep thinking its Lily. Also she reminds me of Cathrine Tate.

My Photos are online at www.markohare.com

• 3 months later...

Hmmm my opinion still hasn't changed. She seems too well produced now because when I saw her in January her songs were all over the place and similar to Caroline's A Victim, her first single, which was surprisingly left off the album - described as 'chavtronic'. It seems like she's lost the individuality and creativity she did have through having a record deal and a producer and now she just sounds like Lily Allen and she's as popular as Lily Allen was before everyone decided she's too posh and rich to be genuine. But just my opinion, and as my friends will tell you, I don't often have a high opinion of female singers.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

I think she's just another middleclass girl jumping on the 'i'm a working class mockney' bandwagon. Having said that, I quite like some of her sounds, but why do all these middleclass kiddies feel the need to pretend to have a working class background?

'The light at the end of the tunnel was the light of an oncoming train'

Its not too bad a first album, foundations is good but all in all her comedy cockney intones ruin a few of the better songs. The bobobobo song and dickhead are just rubbish and the lyrics on mouthwash won't win any ivor novello awards. All in all a fairly decent first album and i'm going to see at leeds uni and she was pretty good at t in the park.

Download the Adam and Joe & Jon Richardson podcasts now!

Her album is the first in a long time were I actually like more than 3 tracks.

Ther only ones I don't really like as much are mariella and the dickhead.

But yeah I think she's amazing, Im going to see her in November I can't wait :D

I agree, I hate the beginning of 'Mariella', but I think it gets better. 'Dickhead' is ruuubbish, I like 'Pumpkin Soup' and 'S*** Song' best.

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

I think that Foundations is a good song but to be honest I can't see myself buying the whole album, I'll need a bit more convincing first I think. Mind you, I never thought I'd end up getting the Lily Allen album either, but I did and now I love it. Hmmmm.

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...