Unofficial Mills

The Worst Big Weekend Performances

John

Ok so there's been alot of threads and general chit-chat about the big weekend. But what was the worse performances for you? The ones that just looked and sounded out of place? For me its was either Dizzee Rascal or Calvin Harris. I guess people who are into Dizzee's genre would appreciate his performance, but for me it was just awful. And Calvin Harris.... words cant describe how bad I thought his was

take control

For what I saw on the highlights, Rhianna was awful. I admit I'm not a fan of her music so my opinion might be biased, but you couldn't actually hear her sing at all.

Rhianna's backing band we're far better than Rhianna. Odd

take control

Oh DC, you sound so decrepit!

I think Dizzee Rascal and MIA were pretty poor. I guess they're the token bands to try and keep the other music fans happy. Calvin Harris sounded like my nan on the karaoke after a few vodkas.

Rihanna was better than the TV made her seem, I think there were sound issues in the TV audio recording - in the tent (sorry main stage) she sounded great. Not a fan of that type of music but fair's fair that girl can sing.

Worst for me was Scissor Sisters, left after 5 minutes - nothing wrong musically just can't abide superficial cheese except at Eurovision and they seem not to be ironic but actually to think their stuff is credible.

Saddest I missed - Tong vs Vernon, Klaxons, pigeon detectives. Scheduling what you watch at this kind of event and trying to infiltrate the crowd at the right time is an art in itself.

Also watched Denchfield's last performance on his blog, that was at the big weekend wasn't it? It wasn't Laurence Olivier in the movie of Hamlet fo'sho'. :D

UM is a nice place