How was your day?

Emma

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh, I have a stupid amount of work to do. Gotta go in to school on Tuesday to do revision in school - actually, I have to on wednesday, thursday and friday as well. I might see if I can just not go to some of it though. I can't focus for that long and I have to commute each day because my friends are so unreliable so I've got nowhere to stay which sucks. Trains are so expensive and I hate early mornings, haven't even got Scott in the mornings to get me awake this week.

I'm losing my voice today. Might be hayfever, or I could be getting a cold. Loving Snow Patrol though, can't wait for the new album. It was really sunny this morning, even prompted me to go running, but now it's all cloudy and looks like it's going to rain.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

some idiot just remembered its her birthday in about 2 months and she hasnt got anything planned,will be my last Birthday at School so I need to do something big..cant wait till my birthday woo.

twitter.com/emgreatorex

some idiot just remembered its her birthday in about 2 months and she hasnt got anything planned,will be my last Birthday at School so I need to do something big..cant wait till my birthday woo.

Oh dear... I've got 2 months and 1 day till I turn 18. But there's nothing I can really do for it except maybe go on a pub crawl. So I'm not too worried. Bang in the middle of my exams....

Yay my neighbour just phoned me and asked if I wanted some dinner there, so I don't need to worry about finding something to eat tonight. Brilliant. Better not eat any more chocolate though, or else I won't be able to eat dinner.

Here's my latest column, a sneek look just for you lucky people:

Well Easter has now passed, and despite the last week being spent doing the usual student things (avoiding coursework and revision) I have still a few moans to make.

Whilst most people are frantically worrying about how bird flu is going to affect their lives, I am going to have another moan about transport. A couple of weeks ago you may have read that a bus company were to stop travelling through West Beckham to save themselves money. But that’s not my moan this week, it’s the fact that on the same day this happened the company decided to put up fares – meaning an extra 10 pence for me just to go a smaller distance! Are you telling me this was ‘uneconomical’ or are they just trying to line their pockets with extra cash?

Then there are the trains. My preferred transport when travelling to Norwich, but never seems to be running when I need them the most – in the school holidays. Last school holiday in February there was the unfortunate case where two bridges were hit, resulting in ‘engineering work’ and now over the Easter holiday I found myself having to catch a bus due to more work taking place on the Sheringham to Norwich line. I guess it can’t be helped, but I couldn’t help thinking the Easter period is a busy time and so running a bus service every 2 hours wasn’t such a good idea.

When I eventually arrived in Norwich I went to the cinema. Contrary to what I’ve read about the cinema declining in popularity it seemed pretty packed. But it seems as if booking tickets is an adult only privilege - presumably so they can get there before the pesky teenagers. The problem is no cinema seems to accept my Visa Electron card (which most teenagers have) and if I was to order it on my parents credit card I’d have to take one of them along as the card holder, something I very much doubt would be popular with my friends! So how do you actually get away with booking tickets in Norwich and proving you are who you say?

They’re my moans of the week, and it doesn’t look like I’m even going to get round to moaning about coursework! If anyone has any solutions to my cinema problem or have experienced any similar dilemmas with transport then get in touch, either through the letters page or by e-mailing me – [email protected]. May be next week I’ll be full of compliments…

I have similar problems with transport. The trains in both London and Brighton are now £1.50. It wasn't that long ago that I could get the bus for 40p in London and 50p in Brighton. There are cheaper bus fares in London if I get an Oyster pre-pay card, but I use the bus and the tram so rarely that it's hardly worth it.

Every Sunday I have to get the train to Brighton in the evening. There is almost always engineering work. Even when there isn't, the trains on sunday nights are about 1 an hour, and very very crowded. They manage to make a 34 minute journey (the fastest time Southern can do East Croydon to Brighton) last over an hour, or even over 2 hours if they decide to go via Littlehampton (a long way out of the way). They also do 10 or 15 minute stops at all the stations, for no apparent reason. I sometimes wonder if it's just so the driver can have a cigarette or take a leak or something at every stop...

Here ends my train rant. They drive me mad. But soon I won't have to do the sunday night any more. Parts of the London to Brighton line are the most popular train route in the UK, and yet the service is so ****ing ****!

I dont Like transport at the moment either costs me £3.60 Return on the 36 from Harrogate to Leeds.And it costs £2.90 on the train single.

From Harrogate to Knaresborough(about 10 minutes in car)it cost me and Rosie £3.00 in total return..

I much prefer Walking and Running.

twitter.com/emgreatorex

She can still be converted... she's not beyond help yet. We can get her dial to swing the other way...

Ive tried it Jono but I failed,I once had to put up with a 2 hour car journey listening to Galaxy105 with her! Yeah will try and get her to register on here but she's nowhere to be seen at the moment :(

twitter.com/emgreatorex

Well my sister stuck them on with the least amount of blu-tack possible.

ah,tell her to use cellotape but then it ruins your wardrobes soo..

Just got one of those texts going "free music" and I think its Took my Credit baaaaah..

twitter.com/emgreatorex

Heh, my friend at school always scabs blue tack off me. She steals it from everyone, then sticks things up with a miniscule bit of blue tack, then acts surprised when the wind blows and her entire wall display falls down...

Random and unrelated, but while exploring the site I found the FHM interview with that crazy woman who thinks she can turn Scott straight. If I was Scott, I'd be really scared. But I guess some people will say anything to get their 5 minutes of fame...

He is hot, yes, but he's gay, so I think she should give up and let him be.

Mum and Dad have finally come back,and I made my dinner earlier and they were like wheres ours?off on a run later need to burn off all those calories caused by eating a whole easter egg at 7am this morning.

twitter.com/emgreatorex

Random and unrelated, but while exploring the site I found the FHM interview with that crazy woman who thinks she can turn Scott straight. If I was Scott, I'd be really scared. But I guess some people will say anything to get their 5 minutes of fame...

He is hot, yes, but he's gay, so I think she should give up and let him be.

I think we started a bit of a war with her :-?

Today i've done nothing really other than listen to music and drink Dandelion and Burdock. Not very active at all! Its the last day of my holiday from hospital and i'm back at 1pm tommorrow but i'm working at Jaks tonight- helping them out on the busiest night of the year so far!!

take control

Mum and Dad have finally come back,and I made my dinner earlier and they were like wheres ours?off on a run later need to burn off all those calories caused by eating a whole easter egg at 7am this morning.

I went running this morning when I'd barely started the easter eggs. Might try and get a run in tomorrow too or go to the gym. I gotta see a friend tomorrow, gotta get the train which is a problem, cos it's a bank holiday. I'm off out now to my neighbour's house to get some dinner, I'll be back on later though. Bye xx

I went running this morning when I'd barely started the easter eggs. Might try and get a run in tomorrow too or go to the gym. I gotta see a friend tomorrow, gotta get the train which is a problem, cos it's a bank holiday. I'm off out now to my neighbour's house to get some dinner, I'll be back on later though. Bye xx

I never go running in the Mornings,theres always some pervy builders about on the roads.

twitter.com/emgreatorex