• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RE

no question.

And Drama.

and art and music werent useful come to think of it... lol

the one i hated was english though. so dull. and RE :)

Well done Barney for another decisive post.

Erm, technology. You got the option to drop these sort of subjects at Year 9, and yet they forced us to do one sort of technology? That just bugged me. Five years of pretending to look like I was doing something, and nothing I could take home of any value that my mum would be proud of. I did make a wonky box once though in Year 8. That was quite good for me.

English. I just cant do it. If you ask me, all these people read far too much into poems and books. Its just a bunch of words, who cares how and why the writer chose to put it together in a particular way!?

Eurgh, English infuriates me.

Hated art, dropped that at the end of year eight along with drama.

I hate maths, mainly because of tramp teacher, and science because of general dullness and horse teacher.

I quite enjoy PE because it's always a laugh, and the same goes for RE. Our teacher lets us chat during tests, that pretty much sums up the lesson really.

Everyone seems to hate english, I really enjoy it, and Law.

That's my geek side showing I think.

I quite enjoyed RE. I think it depends on whether you go to a religious school or not and whether youre strictly religious. I went to a Catholic primary school, but because im not particularly religious, it bored me to tears. I hated it. But my secondary school is non-denominational, so RE deals with moral issues like abortion, Euthanasia and such like. I always found it quite interesting!

R.E. was fun, it was just a social club :P never done any work, just pretended to listen to some teacher bang on about god and religion. Incidently the only subject i didnt get A* to C in.

Where would we be if we did'ht have rules....?

France, Thats Right.

I hate RE. I know lots of people enjoy it, so I think they shouldn't have it as compulsory. It's just stupid. It's absolutely pointless and I hate the fact that I have to do it. Why not give us a choice? :x

English is my favourite, mainly because it's the one I'm best at. Granted, I don't like analysing things much, but I absolutely love reading and writing. I can get lost in a book for hours, which is something that my friends find very odd.

I hated art, design technology and that before I could drop it. I failed several design technology exams because I just can't draw and I just couldn't care. I didn't like chemistry either, because I never understood it, not to mention having a succession of crap teachers who were patronising idiots and didn't help at all.

In retrospect, now I'm at uni, I wish I'd stuck with maths and science for longer, because I'd understand more now. They seem to assume we all know what logarithms are and what a differentiated equation is and all sorts of other stuff I've never heard of. I couldn't have passed maths beyond GCSE though, I had so much trouble with it at GCSE because I just don't think mathematically.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

English is my favourite, mainly because it's the one I'm best at. Granted, I don't like analysing things much, but I absolutely love reading and writing. I can get lost in a book for hours, which is something that my friends find very odd.

People like this really amaze me. I cant think of anything more mind numbingly boring than reading a book. Ive studied 3 books this year in english, 3 books i have to write essays on in the final exam, and i have 5 weeks to read them. Like every other year, i'll probably just be pathetic, not read them, and wing it in the exam (which has worked so far btw!). I wish it was something i enjoyed though.

In retrospect, now I'm at uni, I wish I'd stuck with maths and science for longer, because I'd understand more now. They seem to assume we all know what logarithms are and what a differentiated equation is and all sorts of other stuff I've never heard of. ...

what degree are you doing?!

Science. Definately. I can put up with biology and physics at times but Chemisty is so bad I could actualy scratch my face off and cry. -.-

I failed it so badly last year that I've had to resit most of my modular tests to get back to a C this year.

I can't wait to drop it next year.

Also, RE, because I go a catholic school so it was compulsary at GCSE. -.- It's a waste of a subject, when we could have took something we found interesting or would actually need in the future.