Unofficial Mills

Newsbeat's body image survey

Jono

25,000 people took the survey, and here's some of the findings.

More than half of females said they'd consider plastic surgery and a third of size 12s think they're overweight or fat. Almost half of girls say they've skipped a meal to try to lose a few pounds. More than 50% of younger teenage girls reckon their body image stops them getting a boyfriend.

For blokes, it was all about getting bigger. Taking protein supplements to build muscle seems to be on the rise. Fewer than one in 10 men are on a diet at the moment.

What do you think? Are you in agreement with the findings?

More findings here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/news/newsbeat/070220_body_image.shtml

25,000 people took the survey, and here's some of the findings.

More than half of females said they'd consider plastic surgery and a third of size 12s think they're overweight or fat. Almost half of girls say they've skipped a meal to try to lose a few pounds. More than 50% of younger teenage girls reckon their body image stops them getting a boyfriend.

consider plastic surgery: nope

size 12s think they're overweight or fat: well im not 12, so nope

skipped a meal to try to lose a few pounds: nope. i like my food too much :P

body image stops them getting a boyfriend: nope

although interesting. so much pressure to look pretty/slim/the "normal" nowadays!

I was listening to newsbeat earlier whilst eating, when they were talking about men taking steriods my mum looked at me as if to say "Yeah Grace, steriods are bad!" I was just like "ermm mum I'm not a man on steriods, stop staring at me."

ETA: Oh great, just had a friend who is like size eight tell me she's on a diet and does half an hour on the excercise bike everyday.

Im a 10-12 and I dont think im overweight, alot of girls I know are literally starving themselves to fit into their prom dresses and for the holidays and its really worrying. I dont skip meals cos I like my food too much aswell. And I wouldnt starve myself for a guy either.

I also wouldnt consider Plastic surgery because I accept that im as I am etc

twitter.com/emgreatorex

Yeah, their survey was pretty spot on i reckon. I also know girls who are size 10's and sometimes size 8's who think theyre overweight. Theres a girl in school also who is verging on anorexia, and i can honestly say ive never seen her eat lunch.

Whilst of course the boys are always talking about going to the gym and comparing 6 packs of course.

I took that survey because well... I don't know why.

I'm a size 12 bottoms & size 10 tops, & as for the whole skipping meals thing, I'm ashamed to say I do. I only eat when I'm at home (so I have either 1 or 1 1/2 meals a day) & yeah, yeah I know that size 12 isn't all that bad & it's only because I've matured very early but try telling that to the people who call me fat everyday. They'll never get it.

My body image doesn't stop me getting a boyfriend though, as I'm all of a sudden not interested in the whole sudden hype to get a boyfriend or "OMG IM SINGLE ITS THE END OF THE WORLD!!!". I'm only 14, I think I need more friends right now *shrug*

No-one's getting out of here alive; this time.

I'm a size 12 bottoms & size 10 tops, & as for the whole skipping meals thing, I'm ashamed to say I do. I only eat when I'm at home (so I have either 1 or 1 1/2 meals a day) & yeah, yeah I know that size 12 isn't all that bad & it's only because I've matured very early but try telling that to the people who call me fat everyday. They'll never get it.

My body image doesn't stop me getting a boyfriend though, as I'm all of a sudden not interested in the whole sudden hype to get a boyfriend or "OMG IM SINGLE ITS THE END OF THE WORLD!!!". I'm only 14, I think I need more friends right now *shrug*

Erm, hello. Is there like another me out there?

skipping meals makes you put ON weight.

body is being starved, so stores more fat.

you're 14, everyone puts on weight then, and you are by no means fat whatsoever! be proud of urself :)

and the people who call you fat are just pathetic. they need to get sth better to do and stop being so insecure themselves.

skipping meals makes you put ON weight.

body is being starved, so stores more fat.

you're 14, everyone puts on weight then, and you are by no means fat whatsoever! be proud of urself :)

and the people who call you fat are just pathetic. they need to get sth better to do and stop being so insecure themselves.

did you alter your name through choice? or was this a terrorism act!? i always called you barno...

on the grid.