Unofficial Mills

Day 1 of Breakfast - How Do You Rate It?

Jono

Day 1 of Breakfast - How Do You Rate It?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Day 1 of Breakfast - How Do You Rate It?

• 1 (Poor)
    • 10 (Amazingly Brilliant)

As we're a fansite, I'm sure the team will be looking for constructive criticism and praise for the first show on breakfast this fortnight. So come Monday morning, I'll be running a poll for you to give you marks out of 10 and comments on how you think the show went. What was the best bit? Worst bit?

I think it was a good show today. I heard most of it, but I missed most of Hoff Mania because I had a lecture so I will listen again to the last 15 minutes. However it wasn't the best show ever, so it doesn't get a 10/10.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

I've given it an eight.

The Negatives

Hopefully they can work on Hoff Mania, as the callers were naff (unless that was part of the joke) and stupid callers in the banter was what made Carpark Price is Right good.

It fell apart between Laura's Diary and Hoff Mania. Too much of it was spent advertising Hoff Mania, and not enough banter. It didn't need much more like Moyles, but I don't think it was enough.

This time last year they had two segments of Laura's Diary, Carpark Price is Right, and Situations Vacant. Along with another feature like a Random Act of Kindness, You've Been Busted or phone prank. Ideally it just needs something more. Am I asking for too much. Probably.

Oh and bring back some jingles.

An eight, and I know they'll improve. They always do.

Maybe they weren't quite prepared for it, what with it being the first day and Laura and Chappers disappearing at the end of last week. I remember listening for the first time a year ago, and there was more to it then.

I know they'll improve it as well, it's probably just Monday Morning syndrome.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

I'll tell you what I liked, because I've just criticised stuff and that's not what I meant to do.

The Positives

Laura's Diary

Loved how it was turned on Mary today, great banter, great chat from all on-air voices.

American Phone Game

Lots of friends now know I'm not mad and understand the feature as they listened just for so they knew what I was on about. New listeners, hurrah. But they have to play the controverisal ones. Otherwise it sounds a bit rubbish.

Banter

Brilliant. Loved the text neighbour stuff, loved the book stuff, the television stuff should be a regular discussion.

Hoff Mania

Liked it. It seemed like they were cramming it in all too much though. May be they should have a teaser during the start of the last hour, as that lacks content. I don't know. But Moyles is criticised for no imaginative games and Scott's just done one which is quite good.

And most of all... it was their own stuff. None of this six weeks of summer crap, none of this big weekend stuff. Them on their own. And I like that.

I think the problem this week is they don't want to offend (or so they say on air), so there going to be less funny as they're less ruder.

I dunno, we all still laugh at that sort of stuff. Take today, some chav was in assembly and the head said: "He's the boy holding a helmet"

(Followed by loads of laughs)