Unofficial Mills

Driving Lessons

Dynamoo

I searched quickly and couldn't see another thread on them so sorry if I missed it :-)

Anyway, I'm taking mine at the minute (except today's has been canceled, he had an accident) Only had 2 so far but it's going alright... Bar stalling and all that jazz :roll:

So as I'm sure a lot of people here are older-ish and can probably drive, any stories about when you were learning? Good, bad, whatever, go for it.

But I'm not convinced and your hopeless hearts won't stick. For the first time I know, this is now who I am.

http://www.myspace.com/82105668

well I think the most humourous lesson I had was when I was asked to reverse around a corner. I did what was asked of me although the driving instructor wasnt too impressed at the speed I did it in, I basically just slammed the accelerator whilst looking behind me and in my mirrors :D.

He also told me I shouldnt have a problem getting a taxi licence, whatever that means? :D

I don't drive, not only do I live in London and therefore don't need one but before I lived here I never even had one lesson. My thoery is that there are two types of people.

Those who sit in the front and drive and those who sit in the back and tell them where to go. I'm definately in the latter catagory.

Sometimes here, sometimes not.

I don't drive, not only do I live in London and therefore don't need one but before I lived here I never even had one lesson. My thoery is that there are two types of people.

Those who sit in the front and drive and those who sit in the back and tell them where to go. I'm definately in the latter catagory.

Brilliant, another person who agrees with me that in London particularly there is just no need to drive :). As I wouldn't even be able to park outside my own house without paying and I'd spend more money on insurance than I do each year on public transport it just seems pointless. I can't afford to drive, and I'm dyspraxic so it'd be hard. I just don't want to. But everyone acts like I should be driving by now and they think I'm not crazy for not wanting to.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Brilliant, another person who agrees with me that in London particularly there is just no need to drive :). As I wouldn't even be able to park outside my own house without paying and I'd spend more money on insurance than I do each year on public transport it just seems pointless. I can't afford to drive, and I'm dyspraxic so it'd be hard. I just don't want to. But everyone acts like I should be driving by now and they think I'm not crazy for not wanting to.

Its completely pointless to drive in London itself, most of the time its grid locked and you have the congestion charges aswell, you are aswell getting the tube to where ever you need to go as its quick. The only downside is when you are packed in like sardines in rush hour or ofcourse having to get on the train in this heat as its incrediably humid under ground.

Yup, although it doesn't include the A-D zones but they've only got one crappy station in them anyway. Bus, tube, rail, ferry, tram, DLR. Also since southwest trains run through the 6 zones, when I go home I get a massive discount as I get it from the boundary of zone 6 which is half way home anyway.

Based on a circuit diagram, the guy got paid 5 shillings for it. The outer-zone stations are purposefully deceptively close together.

Oh yes I am that sad I watched a documentary on the london underground map.

Ive seen that one too... the other designs looked a right mess tho, this was the one that showed things most clearly etc yadda yadda yadda

I've read about that. I don't live on a Tube line, although they're considering building one through West Croydon. I want a free Travelcard dammit! My mum gets one because she's disabled. I have to pay, although I get a discount with the Young Person's Rail Card.

Back on the original subject, one of my teachers told us about someone who managed to knock over an old lady on a pedestrian crossing during their driving test because they were so nervous :-|

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Good! Crossing the road is survival of the fittest, if they're too slow then they should stay at home and talk about how much better things were in their days and moan how their friends gave their life for the youth of today who just squander it all and what is an ePod anyway and why can't I work this video recorder? it's got a shiny record in it that my record player won't play. I'll tell you what'd sort out these youngsters, a good spell of national service, that'll teach 'em some manners.

I love old people me.