The Football Season 2006/07

DC

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well big sam seems the guy by the looks of it. he will have plenty of money to make his own squad and his own ways. but i am not so sure if he will go yet, becuase he hasn't said anything. he would like more funds at his new club and he would get that at the toon but no word from him yet.

they all seem so sure that he is going there, i would love him to come. but i would pi*s myself if they were all wrong.

on the grid.

I was being sarcastic.

NOOOOO!11 BRILLIANT!!11 etc

*Clears Throat* CHAMPIONS!!!!! Yes!!

yes but as soon as chelsea won the trophy over the last two years the question always turned to "can they do it next year or will man u take it off them". it should be asked the other way now, chelsea could of caught you up. they should of beat bolton and us away, but they threw it away. kind of like man u last time around.

the big one now is the cl final and i cant wait.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A22445930

once again some plastic fans are still having a go at roeder even though they have got what they wanted. they really need some sorting out i agree, but without roeder and some of his youngsters we could of been charlton last night. so credits due for him there i think, i'd like him to go back to the youth academy becuase he has been bringing some promising talent through for us.

on the grid.

well depending how it goes it could... It will either be a goalfest or a boring 0-0 or 1 -0. Unied will attack Chelsea, and they will score, its whether chelsea score

Where would we be if we did'ht have rules....?

France, Thats Right.

chelsea have got to clap scotland infront of their own fans and come to terms that they will never win the premiership or another trophy probably ever again. unless they can be arsed to turn up for the fa cup final and give us neutrals a game.

on the grid.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/6641411.stm

yes freddie i agree, he does owe somthing back. but to be honest if you keep the club the way it is and dont make serious changes in the summer, and dont get rid of the people who dont care. then i dont see michael owen coming down to the championship with you. yes he owes newcastle a lot for looking after him and i think he knows that, but you have got to put a football team behind him to help him score goals for you.

what a great way to keep a player freddie, threaten them. if a club can get him for 9 mil then you might see him back in a liverpool shirt if your not careful and dont stop firing your mouth.

on the grid.

Haha thats brilliant, especially the "Or I tell him none of the big four are interested. Because that's the case" comment. If the rumours about the buy-out clause are true then I wouldn't be surprised to see him at Man U or back at Liverpool by the start of next season.

Also, when Newcastle unveil their new manager, will they have another one of those hilariously over-the-top "second-coming of Christ" ceremonies like they did when Owen arrived?

Mafroafro.png

MY gaming blog, read it: http://hegotgames.blogspot.com

Haha thats brilliant, especially the "Or I tell him none of the big four are interested. Because that's the case" comment. If the rumours about the buy-out clause are true then I wouldn't be surprised to see him at Man U or back at Liverpool by the start of next season.

it's a stupid thing to say, freddie has obviously forgotten things like the germany hattrick, the fa cup final, argentina in 2005 (while he was a newcastle player). by saying things like that all he is going to give owen is an attitude of 'i'll show you'. and if man u or especially liverpool come along then he will be off. and it will all be freddies fault for running his mouth, hasn't he come to realise that he would probably of been our best player if it hadn't been for bad luck?

papers can talk rubbish as known but i think fergie is a little sick of saha being out all the time and would probably relish the owen and rooney partnership. and rafa never said he didn't want owen, he said he wouldn't pay that much for a player he sold a year back at half of the price. which is fair enough. and i think gerrard and carra might have somthing to say to the liverpool board if they think there is a chance of getting him back to anfeild. and the other top two clubs haven't said anything about it yet, so freddie has been proved wrong in under 5 mins.

on the grid.

Saha's injuries are a pain in the arse, he is a top class striker but never gets enough of a chance to show it, there is talk of him being used in a player plus cash deal for Berbatov. Its pretty reasonably obvious who Fergie's 3 transfer targets are.

Hargreaves is pretty much a dead cert since Bayern won't qualify for the Champions League,

A striker, either Berbatov, Eto'o, Torres or Huntelaar

A full back, either Gale or Richards.

Mafroafro.png

MY gaming blog, read it: http://hegotgames.blogspot.com

Think we will sign Bale on a sale and loan back deal if southampton get promoted. Think we will also be looking for a right back.

also been linked with Nani - The new C.Ronaldo

Hargreaves is a given, and i think we will sign 1 of torres, berbatov or owen. Personally i would like to see Torres.

Where would we be if we did'ht have rules....?

France, Thats Right.

well apart from all this newcastle stuff who i really hate and hope go into liquidation etc

owen is playing for england b, it's confirmed. with lennon, alan smith, defoe, hargreaves, scott parker, kieron dyer, etc

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/6644157.stm

he's been in the news quite a lot since he's come back. he was all quiet for the last few months.

on the grid.

I heard that Owen has been called up to the England B team, is he showing any sign of any form of the 'Old' Michael Owen?, its always concerning when players suffer serious injuries as some never manage to recapture the form they previously shown.

owen looks better than he has ever been at newcastle for around the first 25 mins. and then he gets tired becuase he isn't match fit yet, he needs matches. he looks stronger in upper body strength and fast on the break, he went past brad friedel like he wasn't there and got one cleared off the line due to quick thinking by samba. he is also dropping back and moving from wing to wing if need be like in the reading game. he looks a more involved player for some reason. so really the answer is no, i think he will end up with some luck on his side, the best he has been for the last 6 years.

most people say he will never be as good as he was in 1998, after the hamstring injury. but his best year was in 2001 by far and he got european player of the year in that year. and around 2000ish they were yapping how he was never going to be as good as he was in 1998, when infact the following year he was better. a more complete and wiser player, instead of a roadrunner with little experience.

on the grid.