Unofficial Mills

Emos - Even Brandon Flowers hates them

Jono

Brandon Flowers has revealed his dislike for emo bands, claiming that they could even drive him to violence.

Although the genre as a whole riles the Killers' frontman, he has a long-running problem with Fall Out Boy.

Source - Digital Spy

So do you have beef with the Emos? What do you think...

If anyone's got a copy of today's Times, in times2, the lead story on pages 4-5 is about emos, and explaining to adults what an 'emo' is. Including "how to spot an emo".

"I became an emo because I like the fashion. We wear T-shirts with emo band names or leopard-print tops and short denim skirts with coloured cropped tights or drainpipe jeans..." - 'emo girl'.

It's quite a funny article if anyone has the paper.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Apparently emos spend most of their time on MySpace (owned by News Corporation, the parents company of The Times) according to the article, written for -- wait for it -- The Times :roll:

"And the kids 'hang out' in MySpace. If you live in the suburbs and don't have a car, here is this place where life goes on 24/7 and you are plugged into a community immediately, and you have the freedom online to have a second, heroic version of yourself."

So an emo is one who spends a lot of time on MySpace apparently :-?

I don't think using MySpace makes you an emo at all. The article just said that a lot of emos use MySpace. But over 91 million people use MySpace, and I'm pretty sure most of them aren't emo.