Jump to content

2016 Power Intros


Recommended Posts


  • Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd agree with you there - power intros tend to make the playlist sound more repetitive, even if they're not. I think the first song at the TOH and BOH would suffice, then do manual segues into the se

Nerd alert.  Dev had a discussion this morning about his new jingles, and also mentioned why he didn't use the old ones. 24 mins into this morning's show. 

Ok so I said I would do one and here it is, This is a mashup of imaging from the past few months!  Items such as Power Intros, General Idents, Chart of the Year and there's even a Trail in there! 

1 hour ago, OohErr said:

What do you mean - three songs at the TOH followed by a ramp into the fourth?

That's how this all started off with NMF last april! 3 songs into a Ramp on the 4th or a Bed... i've noticed on a few shows they've tones it down a bit (still got the poorly inserted "GREG JAMES" on his shows though, wish they'd just change everything over now... although the move from Wogan House to the 8th floor for the imaging producers over the last few weeks probably hasn't helped that! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
That's how this all started off with NMF last april! 3 songs into a Ramp on the 4th or a Bed... i've noticed on a few shows they've tones it down a bit (still got the poorly inserted "GREG JAMES" on his shows though, wish they'd just change everything over now... although the move from Wogan House to the 8th floor for the imaging producers over the last few weeks probably hasn't helped that! 

Really? The imaging producers weren't in the same building!?
Link to post
Share on other sites

If it sounded like that all the time then I would have accepted the current set longer!

I think Dev might be in trouble with someone who has produced the new ID's and someone at R1 overall. He had a bit of a moment this morning when he played a new ID with a dubstep music background and described it as, 'A bit pissy' so stopped and switched to an old ID halfway thorough. If you want to hear the incident again then listen to this mornings show and skip to 47:12.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TMD_24 said:

If it sounded like that all the time then I would have accepted the current set longer!

I think Dev might be in trouble with someone who has produced the new ID's and someone at R1 overall. He had a bit of a moment this morning when he played a new ID with a dubstep music background and described it as, 'A bit pissy' so stopped and switched to an old ID halfway thorough. If you want to hear the incident again then listen to this mornings show and skip to 47:12.

I'm sure he said "busy" not "pissy".

The bed was pretty aggressive in fairness.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ant L said:

I'm sure he said "busy" not "pissy".

The bed was pretty aggressive in fairness.

He probably meant 'busy' but it sounded like he said 'pissy' after listening to it a couple of times. :D

After listening to the bed it makes me wonder why they couldn't turn the volume down on it although presumably the DJ's have no control of it, hence the change of bed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TMD_24 said:

He probably meant 'busy' but it sounded like he said 'pissy' after listening to it a couple of times. :D

After listening to the bed it makes me wonder why they couldn't turn the volume down on it although presumably the DJ's have no control of it, hence the change of bed. 

The DJs have complete control of how loud the bed is- it plays off a fader and they can bring it up and down as they like. Dev clearly just didn't like the particular bed and found it distracting to talk over.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Adele Roberts is now using the new imaging and has a new name-check on her ID's now. I have to say I don't think I'm going to get as bored with the new imaging as quickly as the current set which starting to die now. The idents are great as well as the beds and everything just feels so much fresher than the current lot which doesn't get that wow factor compared to the new set. I wasn't sure about the Chris Eubank/Andi Peters male voiceover at first but I quite like him and has really got a different feel compared to the others, I don't need to describe the other voiceovers though as they are great!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ant L said:

Hopefully that'll be a proper end to the Pure Jingles package completely - the new sound is much fresher.

I wouldn't be too quick to rule out Pure Jingles. Why would they put these up online for people to listen to when a new sound by different company has already been introduced? I've previously said the new package by IMGR is a very unprofessional one and a mixup that sounds completely wrong to the station. Hearing the latest Pure Jingles selection is fresh and more professional, however they now seem something of yesteryear as our ears adjust to the new intros.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Clara playing some new ones today too. So far I've only heard one type of DJ name ID (the one where the name is shouted at the end), whereas before there were about 4. There could be more I haven't heard yet though. 

A new Clara ID has been stuck on the beginning of one of the beds she uses as well - a missed opportunity to refresh them I thought, she's been using the same 3 or so since the show launched in 2015. 

Also sounds like Scott's stopped playing his own beds, which is a shame cause they were really good and made his show sound a bit more distinctive - now he just uses R1 generic beds (other than for Bangers).

UPDATE: Never mind, I've just heard another ID, ignore me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Ryan Pannell said:

I wouldn't be too quick to rule out Pure Jingles. Why would they put these up online for people to listen to when a new sound by different company has already been introduced? I've previously said the new package by IMGR is a very unprofessional one and a mixup that sounds completely wrong to the station. Hearing the latest Pure Jingles selection is fresh and more professional, however they now seem something of yesteryear as our ears adjust to the new intros.

I'm guessing the Pure Jingles package will be dead by next week giving the fact that they nearly have completed the roll out after 100 years of easing the new set. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TMD_24 said:

I'm guessing the Pure Jingles package will be dead by next week giving the fact that they nearly have completed the roll out after 100 years of easing the new set. 

It seems to be a show at a time! Find it odd that Scott hasn't got ( / isn't using any) name Idents on his show yet thought? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Ant L said:

Just listened to a podcast for the first time in a long time.

Can't quite believe they're still using imaging from the package which was last used 5 years ago. Craziness.

I know, it's kinda funny they're still on but there's no real need to change them- the jingles still sound good and they're two of the best voiceovers Radio 1 have had IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/01/2017 at 9:30 PM, Ant L said:

Just listened to a podcast for the first time in a long time.

Can't quite believe they're still using imaging from the package which was last used 5 years ago. Craziness.

Funny you mention this - as of Thursday on Scott's podcast, the old intro has been binned off in favour of someone saying "this is the BBC". Sounds rubbish - I hope it's not permanent. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The "this is the BBC" intro is the same across all of the podcasts - even on Radio 2 (yep, just checked) 

I think if they're trying to push the all-encompassing brand, they need to adjust this to be a little longer. "This is content brought to you by BBC Radio. If you like it, add it to your favourites with the BBC iPlayer Radio app". Maybe. Something of substance. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bensteele said:

The "this is the BBC" intro is the same across all of the podcasts - even on Radio 2 (yep, just checked) 

I think if they're trying to push the all-encompassing brand, they need to adjust this to be a little longer. "This is content brought to you by BBC Radio. If you like it, add it to your favourites with the BBC iPlayer Radio app". Maybe. Something of substance. 

Completely agree. Doesn't even say it's a podcast or give any kind of useful information. If I were R1 I'd stick something extra on to the end. 

My favourite is the old one with the northern chap - Reardio Won podcasts. Downlord them for free at BBC.cor.ukeer slash reardio won. I have no idea whether you can type a northern accent but I just tried. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Chat

Chat

    You don't have permission to chat.
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...