Unofficial Mills

Moyles leaving radio 1 or just breakfast?

welovemoyles

Hmm I'm not sure, I know whatever slot he goes to will be a step down for him, but I don't see him walking completely. If he gets slots that mean a cut in hours, that helps with his prospects of more TV work while still doing something in Radio.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

I think hes leaving for a few months or so. Then he'll most likely be back. I mean, not doing the breakfast show any more will be a blow no matter what. It'll hurt for a while. so He needs some time to go away and do other things for a bit. but leaving radio one for good? I just can't see it.

Nik B.

Born to Toads.

I suspect he'll do weekends and start up some shows on Radio 2 or Radio 6Music (which would be baffling giving their remit but not impossible now it's more of a Radio 2 extra).

I'd love him to do something different for Radio 1.

Like a DAB only show (as they've done once or twice in the past) or a show for 1Xtra where it's more about doing something different for the station than just black or hip hop music. He could really sell a new project like that.

Apparently Christian O Connel (Absolute Radio's breakfast presenter) has said that Dave will be joining Absolute.

There were also some speculation that Moyles might join 5live however I cannot see that. Mainly due to the fact that I heard an interview with the 5live controller who having to defend Richard Bacon's show to lots of angry listeners. I can't see him hiring Chris someone in a similar vein to Bacon

Why were the listeners so angry? I am not familiar with Bacon's show.

Not enough news content, too laddish were the main accusations. I enjoy his show personally though.

Whilst I'm not saying Moyles couldn't do a show on 5live I think there listeners would cause a fuss, he hasn't come from a news background and he can be seen as laddish if you get your information from the Mail!

If you really want to get a taste of the hatred towards Bacon try the epic thread on Digital Spy entitled Richard Bacon How the hell did he get the job

Do NOT understand those complaints about Bacon at all, lately because of various sports, he's barely even done his normal show in months anyway. He is more freeform though, has features like the Moan In and some great guests (even bad ones he scrapes a half-decent interview out of), and sometimes that means things like the News or Travel are late, but that doesn't entirely mean it's bad. People who say it's 'too laddish' are probably, as commented above, Mail readers.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...