Unofficial Mills

Radio 1's visual chart show starts Sunday

Jono

I'll be tuning in as there seems to be a lot of thought gone into it. I don't think I'm the target audience but I'll be interested to see what the target audience thinks.

Here's Producer Neil and Joe Harland talking about the programme:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WY36-R10StM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I like the idea of presenting a Number 1 award though. It's very CD:UK which, in my opinion, isn't a bad thing because that element of getting a Number 1 these days doesn't seem as exciting.

I think it sounds like a pile o shite.

Agreed, the chart show is an awful show as it is especially with that gibbering muppet presenting it. Its bad enough we have to hear the likes of Jessie J, Adele and Micki Minge-aj without also there being video to go with it all as well. That said though the chart show is so easy to miss that I don't think this new nonsense will stand much of a chance of me hearing it.

Not impressed with censorship

post-5-145327885323_thumb.jpg

A unique experience and slightly surreal to see the chart for once. It's great to have a chance to see the music videos as I wouldn't see them normally unless I YouTube them.

A few technical hitches - the first video the scrolling ticker disappeared during the music video, and half way through the Number 1 (Gotye) the video stream cut off and I was presented with the homepage with no chance to get back to see the stream!

I like the concept though and it livens the chart show up a bit more. The additional video footage is interesting too, for example, coverage coming from the BRITs. They must be putting quite a bit of work in to get the music video to match up with the radio edits too.

My suggestions (other than ironing out the minor technical problems) would be that there's far too much information on those scrolling tickers. Two facts spread out over 3 minutes would be better than 4 or 5 - some of us want to focus on the music video! Also in the first first minute there wasn't a lot of visualisation during the 40 to 10 countdown. Is it too much work to perhaps show a visual version of this chart during that time rather than just the numbers?

What did everyone else think?