Unofficial Mills

News Stories: Should Adele Really Have Been Top Story ??

Viv

Have picked (stolen) a rather interesting comment from www.chrismoyles.net about NEWSBEAT.

What do you think??

Comment as follows:-

"Who decides the precedence of Newsbeat stories? The reason I ask is that the headlines today were:

Adele being cut off at the Brits - two or three soundbites, LOTS of time (given the overall length of the news bulletin) given to this story;

Then 'in other news', over a hundred people have been killed in the latest round of violence in Syria. Now I know that what happened to Adele last night was clearly an unmitigated * up by the Brits and / or ITV and shouldn't have happened, but does it warrant being top of the Newsbeat headlines ahead of hundreds of people being killed in Syria? I mean I know the Syria situation has been ongoing for a while, but to me it's surely a far more important story than Adele not being able to finish her acceptance speech".

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Was thinking about this sort of thing today, actually. But people blame the media for all sorts of stuff, but, let's be honest, the media only tell stories the public wanna hear. Adele being cut short… who actually gives a damn? I mean, people cut other people short on live TV all the time! It's like Dermot telling one of the judges to hurry up on The X Factor.

OMASM. Radio presenters are like fruit. Matt is my kumquat and Scott is blatantly my orange.

I agree totally stupid really the order of stories but the age range that Newsbeat cater for would be more interested in Adele than Syria.

that really is a sad fact, people's priorities can be badly mixed up these days. i just think it's a huge example of how celebrity obsessed radio 1 has become. adele, whom it's possible no-one could be listening to or even remember in a decade. is more important than human life and an opressed nations fight for freedom apparently.

on the grid.