Unofficial Mills

Springwatch Presenter Puts Moyles In Room 101

James R

[h=3]SPRINGWATCH host Chris Packham has laid into Radio 1 DJ Chris Moyles, calling him "ignorant", "odious" and "mediocre".[/h] In the new series of BBC1's Room 101, he says that anyone who heard Moyles's 52-hour charity broadcast last March — which raised £2.4million for Comic Relief — would have "died in their rooms".

Chris, 50, says on the show, to be screened on February 3: "It's the odious Chris Moyles — just saying his name I have probably developed a rash."

He adds: "One badly damaged marmoset typing on a speak-and-spell machine would produce his average show."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/4075814/Chris-Packhams-wild-attack-on-Chris-Moyles.html

james_ryder.png

Well its been a while since they've had a go at him, more often than not they don't even need a reason they'll just twist something to make it sound like he's done something when he hasn't. I'm not gonna bother reading the story but it seems like a classic case of someone who doesn't get it when they listen to his show, or someone who simply believes his "reputation".

Tell me, how long into the story do they refer to him as "motormouth" or his (frankly now average) size?

Not impressed with censorship

Unfortunately he's a very easy target and the public have a bad, and frankly false I believe, opinion of him and what he is like.

He's one of these people who people just decide to dislike and jump on the bandwagon about, I remember having a conversation with my Mum when the marathon show was on and she said something about not liking him and I found this a bit odd as she nothing she watches on tv he is likely to appear on and she doesn't listen to any radio unless its on in Dad's car. I can only put her dislike of him down to what she hears and what the public's perception of him largely is and no doubt this is the same with many others who may never have even heard his show but have decided to go along with it regardless.

Ok he can be a bit ranty at times but then again who doesn't go off on 1 when something is wrong or someone is being a moron? I hardly think think that an arrogat, ignorant, motormouth with a ridiculously oversized ego would have done some of the things he has for charity now would they? Its not as if he needs the promotion, what with having one of the biggest radio shows in Britain is it?

Having watched the longer clip that somebody uploaded, I have to say I admire Frank Skinner for not putting him into room 101 and also for seeming to defend Chris when the audience, Packam and to a certain degree Tarrant seemed to be all on the anti-Moyles side of the fence.