Unofficial Mills

Is Dev being overused/Radio 1 short of cover

abertom

He's covered for Vernon + Sara this weekend, covering for Reggie + Chris over the bank holiday and is in for Huw the weekend after. Is it time Radio 1 shared the cover round a bit more.

Obv Grimmy and Matt Edmondson were at V festival but would love to see Comedy Dave doing a few Chappers + Dave style shows or even Becky/Chris or getting Chris Moyles/Scott on at the weekends now and again as a treat for people who work weekdays.

I very much doubt we'll ever see a show with Chris Moyles at the weekend again, unless of course its something like they did at 1 Big Weekend. Scott is the stand in for Reggie so we hear him now and again.

I guess if Dev is happy to do the cover then there is no reason for him to stop, thats how Greg managed to get a better slot at the last major reshuffle.

Not impressed with censorship

Matt Edmoson used to be the one that covered all the time but now he has his own show he covers less. I like Dev. Seeming as I live in Australia he is my drive time DJ so he is my favourite. But yeah be nice to get some of the people that cover Devs shows to do more covers through out the day. Some good DJ's have covered Devs shows in the morning and deserve to be given a chance on others.

Also I think it is because Dev loves his work and he loves being social so any more chances to DJ and connect with listeners he takes it up. Also sometimes these covers are short notice :P. So maybe Dev was like the first person they called in? :D

P.S Posted from school :)

What have I got?

Bits and Bobs

Matt Edmoson used to be the one that covered all the time but now he has his own show he covers less. I like Dev. Seeming as I live in Australia he is my drive time DJ so he is my favourite. But yeah be nice to get some of the people that cover Devs shows to do more covers through out the day. Some good DJ's have covered Devs shows in the morning and deserve to be given a chance on others.

Also I think it is because Dev loves his work and he loves being social so any more chances to DJ and connect with listeners he takes it up. Also sometimes these covers are short notice :P. So maybe Dev was like the first person they called in? :D

P.S Posted from school :)

ooh you rebel :)

But I first head Matt when Sara was on maternity leave, and he still covers her show if she's off. I was never sure if he did anymore.

The sheep is not a creature of the air.

I know what you mean Dev is everywhere at the moment, maybe it's to compensate for the fact he rarely covers daytime? (weekdays)

What is going on with early breakfast cover though it just seems to be a rota there's been Rob Howard, Adam Catteral and Sam Hall recently. They should let 1 or 2 join the station for weekend cover even if they don't get a show straight away. Also Andy George and Jaymo seem to have been dumped off weekend breakfast cover for some reason.

Having said that it is the summer so the DJ's are on their holidays so there is more cover needed than usual so maybe thats why Dev seems to be everywhere. In the winter they won't need cover presenters as much.