Unofficial Mills

Executive Producer: Rachel Mallender

James R

also, what about Aled i thought he was day producer, or is he just an ordinary producer now. God, so many producers!!

Aled is promoted to show producer (the role he has been doing while Rach has been off-air), and Sam becomes Aled's replacement.

Is Matt Fincham just an on-air Assistant Producer (formerly Broadcast Assistant), or does he work both on air and off air?

Actually Rachel and I swapped back in September. I'm the show producer - and for the record it's not a promotion! A producer's a producer! :)

As to why these things are happening now... Carrie's had a baby (not dependent on Chris' contract!) and Piers has got a 3 month attachment at Radio 4 so rather than bring in one of the other Execs, Rachel - who had done very well recently in an Exec board was given the opportunity to act up for 3 months. Again, not dependent on Chris' contract :)

Actually Rachel and I swapped back in September. I'm the show producer - and for the record it's not a promotion! A producer's a producer! :)

As to why these things are happening now... Carrie's had a baby (not dependent on Chris' contract!) and Piers has got a 3 month attachment at Radio 4 so rather than bring in one of the other Execs, Rachel - who had done very well recently in an Exec board was given the opportunity to act up for 3 months. Again, not dependent on Chris' contract :)

Had??

etheridge_tom.png

• 4 months later...
If Aled's a producer, does that mean he'll never be a proper DJ? :(

he's been a producer for ages (at least 5 years depending on whether you count a BA [now UA] as a production role) you muppet. But he will never be a 'proper DJ' as like all of the daytime radio 1 people are presenters.

;377304']Some people say it's Piers...?

he's at radio 4 isn't he?

etheridge_tom.png