Unofficial Mills

Radio 1 running out of staff?

Jono

With Scott off, Huw was drafted in to present the show today. That meant that Huw couldn't cover Greg James today, so Dev presented a second show. Now Zane Lowe is off so we've got a simulcast of Mistajam on Radio 1.

With Sara Cox close to maternity leave are we lacking in cover staff? What happened to new signings Matt Edmondson and Tom Deacon. Aren't they ready yet? Do weekend staff not do cover any more either? Reggie Yates or Whiley?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom Deacon.
Heaven forbid. As for Whiley and Bowman, first they might have other things to do and can't just come in on short notice, and second, I think cover DJs should be new talents rather than those that are already established. And how would they feel if they got a call anyway? Not good enough for a regular weekday show, but good enough as a cover presenter? Mmh.

What I don't get is why Reggie isn't covering. His shows are good since Fearne isn't ther any more. And what about Nihal?

unique...

Ahh... takes me back to a time when Scott himself was one of those DJs that was always called in for cover... seem to remember it being him and Nemone that covered for people, or something like that...

Yeah I remember Nemone doing a lot, she was on Early Brekkie and did a lot of weekend cover for people like Jamie Theakston.

ChrisHewgill.jpg