Alts to R1
0

8 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

UM People’s! Can I ask a favour from one geek to a few others. I’m going though a phase of listening to random shows on random stations online or on DAB. I was looking for some good shows to listen to. I reocmednd two djs to you guys as well Issy Panyais-EB Radio X. Quite like her show she should get signed for a better shift. 

Amy Voce- As I think one of you told me used to be part of Sam and Amy axed for Chris Evans. Hosts a nighttime show now seems funny she should join another station soon. Otherwise her talents wasting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love Adam and JoJo on Capital Yorkshire, Danny Mylo on Pulse 1 is good too. I think Absolute Radio is a fantastic station although I can't get on with the playlist - Bush and Richie I really enjoy. And if you like things more serious and speech-based, James O'Brien on LBC is fantastic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, OohErr said:

I love Adam and JoJo on Capital Yorkshire, Danny Mylo on Pulse 1 is good too. I think Absolute Radio is a fantastic station although I can't get on with the playlist - Bush and Richie I really enjoy. And if you like things more serious and speech-based, James O'Brien on LBC is fantastic. 

I quite like LBC generally, for a bit of contrast from music radio.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, OohErr said:

I love Adam and JoJo on Capital Yorkshire, Danny Mylo on Pulse 1 is good too. I think Absolute Radio is a fantastic station although I can't get on with the playlist - Bush and Richie I really enjoy. And if you like things more serious and speech-based, James O'Brien on LBC is fantastic. 

I’ve heard bits of LBC now and again. Though I have heard good things about James O’Brein.  Can’t say I’ve ever tuned to Absolute Radio or Pluse One(Is that a local station?). I’ll give ‘em’ a try anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

while we're talking about different stations, which do you prefer?  Capital or Kiss.  Kiss somehow has even less personality on it than Capital so I wasn't keen when I sampled it.  Capital has it's moments for me, but obviously Radio 1 is, and will always be miles ahead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, anothernerd said:

UM People’s! Can I ask a favour from one geek to a few others. I’m going though a phase of listening to random shows on random stations online or on DAB. I was looking for some good shows to listen to. I reocmednd two djs to you guys as well Issy Panyais-EB Radio X. Quite like her show she should get signed for a better shift. 

Amy Voce- As I think one of you told me used to be part of Sam and Amy axed for Chris Evans. Hosts a nighttime show now seems funny she should join another station soon. Otherwise her talents wasting. 

I am bias here; listen to my show on community radio, i do drivetime weekdays 3pm start www.burgesshillradio.co.uk lol 

My alt to R1 is R2 now, enjoying Zoe on breakfast and Sara on drive 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Lee E said:

I am bias here; listen to my show on community radio, i do drivetime weekdays 3pm start www.burgesshillradio.co.uk lol 

My alt to R1 is R2 now, enjoying Zoe on breakfast and Sara on drive 

I’ll give you a listen sometime!

Anyone heard Chris Evans on virgin yet? He’s been there 3 weeks or so and is now spreading rumours on his show https://radiotoday.co.uk/2019/02/chris-evans-says-talkradio-is-changing-to-talknews/ 

2 hours ago, Mike123 said:

while we're talking about different stations, which do you prefer?  Capital or Kiss.  Kiss somehow has even less personality on it than Capital so I wasn't keen when I sampled it.  Capital has it's moments for me, but obviously Radio 1 is, and will always be miles ahead. 

Try Kisstory for no personalitie the djs there announce records and plug the mobile app. 

I cannot stand Capital. It’s just awful in my opinion.

same with heart it’s just capital but they play the same few songs on loop every show. 

Random thought.. don’t know if relevant?

so if Radio 2 is the most listened to station in the UK. Does that make Radio 1 number 2?

 

Edited by anothernerd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, anothernerd said:

I’ll give you a listen sometime!

Anyone heard Chris Evans on virgin yet? He’s been there 3 weeks or so and is now spreading rumours on his show https://radiotoday.co.uk/2019/02/chris-evans-says-talkradio-is-changing-to-talknews/ 

Try Kisstory for no personalitie the djs there announce records and plug the mobile app. 

I cannot stand Capital. It’s just awful in my opinion.

same with heart it’s just capital but they play the same few songs on loop every show. 

Random thought.. don’t know if relevant?

so if Radio 2 is the most listened to station in the UK. Does that make Radio 1 number 2?

 

Possibly lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
0