Unofficial Mills

"worth every penny".

James R

Found this article in the Sun. Basically Piers Morgan says he deserves double pay as he is worth it and money should be taken from other stars.

<roottag> BRITAIN'S Got Talent judge Piers Morgan wants telly stars to be paid more and is looking to get his salary doubled next year.

And he fully backed funnyman Paul O'Grady who refused a pay cut earlier this year, slamming Channel 4 for risking losing someone of Paul's talent for the sake of a few hundred thousand pounds.

Piers even said that he wouldn't mind if producers take the money from other stars to pay him because he thinks he's "worth every penny".

He said: "I've got no problem if they take it away from somebody else who feels guilty about this type of thing, because I have absolutely no guilt issues about my salary whatsoever.

"I think it's time the talent fall back and go, 'hang on a second, without us, you don't have networks'."

Piers is in a £2million golden handcuffs deal with ITV that will end in May.

But he has his sights set on a massive cheque when it runs out, admitting he's after £10million.

The cheeky star confessed he got his know-how for bargaining from Weakest Link host Anne Robinson.

He explained: "She said, always at least double the money you are really earning whenever you are asked about it in interviews, because then everyone thinks you are incredibly expensive and starts to pay you accordingly."

But cocky Piers admitted he's not yet in the same strand as Jonathan Ross or Alan Carr.

He sees himself more as a serious David Frost type, he added.

Singing legend Sir Cliff Richard is the latest celeb to be quizzed by Piers in his upcoming ITV1 show, When Piers Met..., which airs on Saturday.

And Piers once again stuck up for BGT runner-up Susan Boyle who famously had a crush on him.

He said: "She had a rough time, but she's not some weirdo. Most people in show business are a bit eccentric if you think about it. It doesn't mean they're not great talent."

Wonder if she's getting paid £10million too, eh Piers?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/britain_got_talent/2653240/Piers-Morgan-wants-his-telly-cheque-doubled.html

</roottag>

james_ryder.png