Unofficial Mills

Digital camera advice

midnight

OK so basically my boyfriends mum wants to buy herself a new digital camera and we don't know what make would be the best for her so any suggestions would be appreciated. The camera must have a high shutter speed and be suitable for taking pictures of fast moving animals and be suitable for someone with shaky hands. It would also be appreciated if the camera is lightweight and doesn't eat batteries. If anyone can recommend one it would be great. Thanks :)

it really depends on how much you want to spend.

when getting a digital camera it is better to get one made by a actual camera manufacture, Cannon, Nikkon etc, Sony & Panasonic are also good as they have lenses made by proper lens manufactures, you really want to avoid the cheap own brand ones & even ones like Kodak have more stuff on them but its the picture quality you are after & Cannon, Nikkon etc have a long history of making cameras.

you want to get one with a optical zoom, all digital cameras come with a digital zoom but all that really does is zoom into the actual picture & not zoom in on the thing you are taking a picture of.

:)

I had a kodak which I gave to mum wehn I replaces with a Sony. I wouldnt ever touch a Kodak again, most useless thing I've ever had. All I can really say is the Japanese know what they're doing where cameras are concerned. I've heard good things about FujiFilm, I own a Sony as do 2 of my friends and we're all happy with out purchases. My ex's family had (may well still have) a Nikon as well which was pretty good as well from what I can remember.

I guess it depends on what you wanna use it for as to what camera is best. For example, I have a 9.1MP with 15x optical zoom cos a lot of my photography is done at race tracks so I need a good zoom

Not impressed with censorship