Unofficial Mills

Boycott Scotland Website

MissCorsham

Yeah, you have to read the whole way through to get the point of the website, the links are particularly good. I think its a British website set up to actually point out to the Americans that their "Boycott Scotland" plans wont work if they wanted to do it properly. I'm astounded by how many things have been invented by Scottish people.

See we really aren't all like the ones you see on the telly on Britain's Got Talent, X Factor, Big Brother etc.... ha ha

Very true, so what did you invent? I'm pretty sure from that list everyone in Scotland has invented something.

It's like when American threatened to rename French fries to "freedom fries" after France refused to join the war or something

As someone who is 1/8th Scotch, that is a bit of an overreaction

Edit - oh, read the whole thing, oopsie!

Don't worry, I did the same, someone on facebook didn't click on the link and only read the link name and the opening paragraph that facebook put up and went into a "About time too, I completely agree *general scot hatred rant*"

Oh it's American. I thought it was an arsey Englishman.

no. the english have to get walked all over and say nothing back, i'm sure of it.

amazing how much inventions did come from scotland.

but i'm glad most people are recognising that it's the scottish parlaments choice to let him go, and has nothing to do with downing street. i feel it's a discrace personally, people like him should be made an example of and left to rot in jail. proper jail.

on the grid.

I am not privy to enough information as to his release or conviction to make a balanced judgement on the whole affair. My only viewpoint is don't believe anything written in the papers, particularly the tabloid comic variety.

'The light at the end of the tunnel was the light of an oncoming train'

most of the things listed are wrong !

the telephone was invented by Antonio Meucci http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonio_Meucci Alexander Graham Bell was the first to patent it. (Meucci set up a form of voice communication link in his Staten Island home that connected the basement with the first floor. He filed a patent caveat for his device in 1871, which was not renewed after 1874. In 1876, Alexander Graham Bell patented the electro-magnetic transmission of vocal sound by undulatory electric current.)

wire rope for bridges was invented by Wilhelm Albert http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_Albert (In 1829, he observed, studied and reported the failure of iron mine-hoist chains arising from repeated small loadings, the first recorded account of metal fatigue1. He also invented a novel intertwined cable which was first used in the Clausthal Caroline mine in 1834)

fingerpriniting was invented by William Herschel http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Herschel (The following month Sir William Herschel, a British civil servant based in India, wrote to Nature saying that he had been using fingerprints (as a form of bar code) to identify criminals since 1860. However, Herschel did not mention their potential for forensic use.He removed his own prints with chemicals and discovered that they grew back in the same pattern.)

the hypodermic needle was invented by Ammar ibn 'Ali al-Mawsili'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ophthalmology_in_medieval_Islam (Ophthalmology was one of the foremost branches in medieval Islamic medicine. The oculist or kahhal (کحال), a somewhat despised professional in Galen’s time, was an honored member of the medical profession by the Abbasid period, occupying a unique place in royal households. The specialized instruments used in their operations ran into scores. Innovations such as the “injection syringe”, a hollow needle, invented by Ammar ibn Ali of Mosul, which was used for the extraction by suction of soft cataracts, were quite common.)

also before 1853

(# c. 1650: Blaise Pascal invented a syringe (not necessarily hypodermic) as an application of what is now called Pascal's law.

# 1760: Forms of intravenous injection and infusion began.

# 1844: Irish physician Francis Rynd invented the hollow needle and used it to make the first recorded subcutaneous injections, specifically a sedative to treat neuralgia.)

Scotland may be independent, but where would they be without English, Welsh & Northern Irish tax payers ?

that guy wants to get his facts right.

it wouldn't surprise me if trade with Libya didn't have something to do with it, Phony bLiar, Gordon Down, & Peter 'Prince of Darkness' Mangelson, cannot be trusted !!!

PS, im not being anti-Scottish, just saying that the facts are wrong.

:)