Unofficial Mills

A new evening schedule for Radio 1

Jono

Has anyone noticed that quite a few of these changes duplicate the ideas that Colin was doing on his show? On Mondays he would have in the company of ...an interview with a band or artist to get to know them better? He did intially start with documentaries on topics...but they became less frequent...but he did do ones like his interviews about what being a spy was really like. He also did the whole black hole thing discussing new music, and interpretations etc, which sounds similar to the show that Huw is presenting.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quite a non biased story from the Sun

<roottag> DJ Steve Lamacq has been dropped from BBC Radio 1.

His Monday night indie music show will be replaced by a new series of documentaries called Story of the Noughties.

The 43-year-old, who had been with BBC Radio 1 for 16 years, will continue to present on BBC Radio 2 and digital station BBC 6Music.

Speaking about his show Steve said: "It was a wonderful opportunity to try and subvert pop music radio from within, which I hope we managed to do more often than not."

Last month the BBC announced Jo Whiley, 44, was to be replaced on Radio 1's prime mid-morning slot by Fearne Cotton.

Other changes announced yesterday include hip hop DJ Tim Westwood losing his Tuesday night show in favour of a new music, film and games review and discussion programme.

The 51-year-old, whose Saturday night show will be halved from four hours to two, will host the weekday drivetime show on BBC's digital station 1Xtra.

Ben Cooper, deputy controller of BBC Radio 1, said: "Radio 1 must continue to evolve and help sharpen our offer to younger audiences."

The changes will take effect from September 21.

</roottag>

james_ryder.png

New schedule looks ok to me. The description of Huw Stephens' show doesn't sound as good as his current one to me, but we'll see. Also only an hour of INDJWT is dissapointing though. Steve Lamaque going is kind of a shame but we can catch him on 6music so :) A real gripe is the repeats on a Sunday night though, radio1 need new talent, it's the perfect training ground.

Also not too sure about the Annie Mac/Pete Tong switch, I fear Annie Mac's show will become less diverse with less hip/hop etc as it has become in it's currently slot anyway :(

I'm happy Mistajam has got a better and less restrictive slot too.