Unofficial Mills

Low key or the usual Big Weekend standard?

Jono

Some people have argued that this year's event is set to be low key due to the credit crunch. The location has been set just outside of London, there's no big headline like Madonna and there were none of the glitzy voice-overs and sound effects for the line up this morning. Some have also commented the website is less jazzy this year.

On the other hand I think it's a good all round mix of artists and saving money basing it near London can only be good for avoiding license fee criticism. The amount of talk of the event today has already shown Radio 1 aren't going to keep quiet about this event too.

But what do you make of this year's plans so far?

i think a big name is still to be announced,they waited a few weeks before they announced madonna last year

Are you sure about that one? It was announced the same morning :)

I think it's nothing new for people to whinge about the event. I think the bill is full of some great names and people shouldn't be so fussy about a free-ticketed event.

I like the line up, it's very good :)

But I do think that they are missing that big headliner, aye.

Having it down south again is disappointing also, I wouldn't mind if it was Swindon this year, only for the fact it was in Kent last year, they really should spread the love ;)

Having it down south again is disappointing also, I wouldn't mind if it was Swindon this year, only for the fact it was in Kent last year, they really should spread the love ;)

Yer but they had it in preston dundee and sunderland before last year so it probably was the south's turn