Unofficial Mills

Pete Doherty

Guest staghead

Guest staghead

So its likely Pete's going to be locked up for up to 7 years.

What does everybody think?

I'm personally a fan of his music, I hope he can sort himself out and turn things around :-)

you dont like his music yet youve never heard it? strange one that

Or I could just be aware of what it's like and don't want to listen?

If you don't like musicians who take/have taken drugs, the bulk of the music you like will be diminished.

Isn't "music" such an odd word? I think it's the spelling.

Well said. Alot of the best songs of the last 40 years were wrote by people who were using drugs.

Agreed.

I'm not sure Sgt.Pepper or Revolver would be as superlative as they are if the Fab Four hadn't dabbled in drugs. LSD is the main reason A Day in the Life and Tomorrow Never Knows are two outstanding songs.

• 1 year later...

Yeah, I agree with Tamba. I held a quite negative view of Doherty prior to his Ross interview but following that had decided he was a rather charming, comely man.

He mabe a very pleasant person, but equally he may not - as with any celebrity we only get to see what they choose to show at any given time. For all his charm on a chat show, I remember his laughing and p*ss taking outside court all those times he was celebrating "getting away with it" yet again, laughing and directing insults at the people who were really just trying to help him help himself. Not so charming. And on a purely personal note, I can't bear the way he looks, unwashed, dirty, he looks as though he smells. How Kate Moss - or even someone decent - could kiss that mouth I have no idea.

He is a very intelligent and talented person and it's a shame to see him wasting his life away through persistent drug abuse. I think he will probably sort himself out eventually as he gets older and (hopefully) wiser but he's clearly still got a long road ahead of him.

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...