Unofficial Mills

New Year's Eve '08 on Radio 1

Jono

What do you make of it?

So far there has been a two hour special from Zane Lowe full of one big mix and little talking. I wasn't going to tune in as I thought a pre-record for New Year's Eve would be awful. But it has really enjoyable.

So this is just several hours of music then? Pah. Couldn't they do a pre-rec?

I think I'd rather have a few hours of automated music than a pre-record. It would be ideal for a party this year I guess!

This year is the first year I've spent in for a while and I'd quite like to have had Greg or Scott on-air. Clearly they've ran the budget dry.

I think I'd rather have a few hours of automated music than a pre-record. It would be ideal for a party this year I guess!

This year is the first year I've spent in for a while and I'd quite like to have had Greg or Scott on-air. Clearly they've ran the budget dry.

Could you have imagined how much Scott would have wanted to work a New Years? But it would have been amazing.

They have kept saying that it would be good for parties tonight

I am Burdened with Glorious Purpose - Loki Laufeyson

Yeah I suppose. It's boosting my one man party! =P

Greg probably would have gone air as well!

The geek formally known as Scott Mills Guru

Is it completely pre-recorded? Or do they have people taking requests?

It's just automated music with the Radio 1 voiceovers.

Could you have imagined how much Scott would have wanted to work a New Years? But it would have been amazing.

He did New Year's Eve 2006 and 2007.

They have kept saying that it would be good for parties tonight

They say that every year though. This year was poorly advertised - I guess it's because they couldn't be arsed ;) This year truly is just music.

Interestingly they seem to have some extra voiceovers. It almost sounds like Miquita Oliver and another guy.

It's going to be interesting to see how they do Big Ben. They'll probably have some Radio 1 DJs doing a countdown followed by loud firework noises and cheering, and then straight back into more music.

I doubt the DJs will even be involved. I bet it'll be the voiceovers doing the countdown.

Interestingly they seem to have some extra voiceovers. It almost sounds like Miquita Oliver and another guy.

Isn't it Annie Mac?

I doubt the DJs will even be involved. I bet it'll be the voiceovers doing the countdown.

Is anyone actually listening? Can you fill me in, I'm gonna be watching the BBC1 countdown

The geek formally known as Scott Mills Guru