Unofficial Mills

What rocked and sucked for you in 2008?

Jono

What rocked: becoming good at running!! I quite surprised myself by sticking to it, and getting better & better.

What sucked: wait for it..... Xmas Day 2008. I got the dreaded flu, have been floored (literally for days), and am now covered in lots of red spots (about 150). The doctor's surgery line is permanently engaged, so I can't get a dox appointment. I finally opened my Xmas pressies yesterday.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

This is so difficult to answer but I'll try.

What rocked: Lots of things, I've had a good year. I'll just say Scotland then, I absolutely love it and I am so going to move to Scotland when I finish school. Maybe not permanently but at least for 6 months or so.

Ooh, and our exchange student, she's really sweet and she cooks lots of Italian food ;)

What sucked: Being ill in France :( I still don't know what it was, but one day at the end of the holidays I got fever. It went away, but I still didn't feel well. Two things made it the worst thing this year: First of all, we went to see some old friends of my family. Their children, who were around my age and a bit older, wanted to go to the city because there was this "spectacle" as they say in France. They asked if I wanted to go, but I couldn't because I felt rubbish. Would have been so fun, though.

The second thing was when we drove home - yes, we drove in our own car all the way through Germany - I threw up at least five times. Everytime I'd been up and about and sat down I got some massive cramps in my stomach and then I threw up. It was horrible.

Definitely the worst thing about this year.

Il n'y a qu'un devoir, c'est d'être heureux; il ny'a qu'une vertu, c'est la justice -Denis Diderot

Guest CancerForTheCure

What rocked: 1. My boyfriend - we've been together for more than 2 years now and it's just getting better and better. Moving out with him was the best decision I've ever made. I'm still worried about how it's gonna go if he doesn't go to Nottingham Uni because I am so attached to him at the moment but I think I'll just try to concentrate on the present, not the future :)

2. A2 results. I did expect 4 A's but I was almost 100% sure I wouldn't get 5 because even though History was my favourite subject there were a lot of factors which suggested I wouldn't be able to get the grade. It turned out History was my 2nd highest grade after Psychology, even higher than Maths! Overall I got 5A's and one mark off an A in my History modules, one of the A's being 100% which was something I was particularly proud of.

3. Doing Law. It was such a good decision! I absolutely adore it even though it is hard as hell and I'm really not expecting to get a First in it as only 2% in the country get it but I'm still very pleased I decided to do it as I know it's the perfect course for me.

4. Linzie and Nad - my two best friends. We've never been closer than we are now and I feel so lucky to have not one but TWO best friends who are so amazing :)

5. Reading Festival, 'nuff said.

6. Trip to Poland with my boyfriend.

What sucked:

1. My parents splitting up right in the middle of my exams.

2. Getting rid of our doggy :( Because I was going to uni and dad wasn't there anymore, with my mum at work and Eryk at school there was no one to look after him and he hated being alone so I guess it was for the best but I still miss him so much it's unbearable.

3. Nottingham Uni - although I love law, and I love living with my boyfriend, they are the only two things I like about Nottingham. It really isn't as good as I expected.

What rocked:

- Getting my GCSE results.

- Getting a job. I've met the best people through it, and it's turned me into a more confident person. The money's not bad either.

- Deciding what I want to do at uni. I like having a goal to work towards.

What sucked:

- Picking the wrong college.

- Having a really messed up summer that left me in a really bad place for a while. Luckily my results gave me my confidence back.

3. Nottingham Uni - although I love law, and I love living with my boyfriend, they are the only two things I like about Nottingham. It really isn't as good as I expected.

I'm sorry to hear it's not as good as you expected. It's a big uni, and it's not an easy place to start. It does get better though, a lot of people I know had a fairly rubbish first year, especially the first term, but all my friends agree that the first term of the third year has been the best by far. It just takes longer than you would expect to settle in and get to know the right people. I'm glad you like the course though.

What rocked in my 2008: The great bunch of people I'm friends with. They're all amazing. Also the bands I've seen, especially Radiohead.

What sucked in my 2008: You can probably guess. The people I lived with for the first half of the year, especially Stalker Boy, who still doesn't get it and can't understand why I don't want to talk to him.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

What rocked: Deffo listening to Scott Mills, earlier on in the year I only really listened to Key 103. But then I discovered the error of my ways andwhen I turned Scott Mills on. After that it was Zane, Chappers & Dave, Greg & Chris too lol.

Kings of Leon, The Killers, Slipknot & all my fave bands new albums!

Also having a beautiful horsey called Royality!

What sucked: Said horsey getting hurt n needing vet treatment :(

I am Burdened with Glorious Purpose - Loki Laufeyson

What rocked: I graduated with a 2.1 so I'm officially clever! McFly, seeing my best friend and the Holloways on my birthday, coming home for two weeks and for once not having argued with anyone. Yet...

What sucked: My best friend has become a spazz after getting a gf, there was not enough sun and nobody is hiring anyone for jobs so I'm an unemployed bum...

There/ They're/ Their. Different words.

Rocked: getting together with my gorgeous fabulous boyfriend (we had known each ither for years but only got together last Christmas) and all of the random stuff like snowboarding and waterskiing that he has put me through!

Sucked: being made redundant, still not having a decent job cos there are none at the mo, my flatmate moving out and leaving me in the shit

caitlynmac.png