Unofficial Mills

College, School, Uni & Gap Years

Grace

Yeah, I guess I'll settle into it in no time, but for now I'm all worried about it :P

Don't be worried Emma! Embrace it; remember everyone else will be in the same situation as you.

I cannot flippin' wait! :D

Mac: "Join me again next week on Let’s Make No Fucking Sense when I will be waxing an owl." - GREEN WING

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't be worried Emma! Embrace it; remember everyone else will be in the same situation as you.

I cannot flippin' wait! :D

Ohh yeah, I actually keep forgetting that! I keep thinking it'll be like when I started 6th Form, everyone knew each other, and because I'd gone to 6th Form in a totally different town, I knew nobody there. Uni shan't be the same case as that!

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

I don't have that problem. I've been on a gap year - every friend has gone to university and left me here - so I feel a bit of a billy and I don't feel I know my old friends any more. When I start in September I'll feel more comfortable knowing I'll not be losing friends, but gaining them.

Ohh yeah, I actually keep forgetting that! I keep thinking it'll be like when I started 6th Form, everyone knew each other, and because I'd gone to 6th Form in a totally different town, I knew nobody there. Uni shan't be the same case as that!

Aw poor you! Yeah it's a lot more daunting to think that people have already formed there own little groups etc.

I'm not too worried about making friends, I think its all part of the process and as long as my flat mates aren't total nutters I'm sure we will get along just fine!

What uni have you applied to Emma?

Mac: "Join me again next week on Let’s Make No Fucking Sense when I will be waxing an owl." - GREEN WING

I feel I don't know my old friends anymore, not that they're at uni, but 6th Form ended last week, and almost everyone seems to have taken the: "We're not in college anymore, therefore I don't know you anymore" attitude.

And I've applied to Huddersfield uni, how about you?

Hopefully going to East Anglia. Although, after those tough exams last week I'm not so sure anymore :/

My second choice was Bournemouth so I may well end up there.

Have you applied for accommodation yet Emma?

Hopefully going to East Anglia. Although, after those tough exams last week I'm not so sure anymore :/

My second choice was Bournemouth so I may well end up there.

Have you applied for accommodation yet Emma?

Yeah, I have done, the halls are pretty nice. Have you? What course are you hoping to do?

Yeah, I have done, the halls are pretty nice. Have you? What course are you hoping to do?

Yeh I've applied, its to stay in self catered shared bathroom which was by far the cheapest so I'm trying to save some money.

I'm hoping to study Society, Culture and Media. And yourself?

Yeh I've applied, its to stay in self catered shared bathroom which was by far the cheapest so I'm trying to save some money.

I'm hoping to study Society, Culture and Media. And yourself?

I'm going to study Media with Radio Journalism, hopefully! If only I'd taken up my other choice - Warrington - as my firm offer, then I'd be taught by the guy who tutored Comedy Dave...sigh.

I'm going to study Media with Radio Journalism, hopefully! If only I'd taken up my other choice - Warrington - as my firm offer, then I'd be taught by the guy who tutored Comedy Dave...sigh.

Whoop, someone else taking media. :) And the radio journalism bit sounds cool, sounds like a hands-on course. Mine is apprently all theory and essays... I only found this out AFTER i'd applied.

Hmph.

I'm starting my final year of University. That's terrifying! But brings the day when I can do something radical to escape my parents and move to another city or country or something ever closer. I just don't feel old enough to be graduating next year.

Some of the people who were like "oh I'll miss you so much, you're such a great friend, I don't want to lose touch!" when we left school have done just that and I haven't seen them for 2 years. So Uni is a chance to make some new friends who you can be friends with out of choice, not just because you're in the same classes as them or whatever. That's not to say that everyone does that - I still see and talk to a few friends from school, but there's a lot I can't seem to get in touch with.

Good luck to everyone starting uni in September, I found being able to talk to people I already knew on UM a great support when I knew no one at uni.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

We register onto UCAS next week, NEXT WEEK! I am so nervous and excited! Its all happening too fast, its a joke.

Im going to De montfort on Friday to have a look, then Lincoln in July and Bournemouth/Chester/Northampton/Westminster in September/October time.

Ive also written my first draft of my PS.

twitter.com/emgreatorex

Next week...? Bley hell, that's a bit quick, I didn't start filling in my application until the beginning of my second year in college. Good luck anyway Ema, I'm sure you won't need it though...

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

Next week...? Bley hell, that's a bit quick, I didn't start filling in my application until the beginning of my second year in college. Good luck anyway Ema, I'm sure you won't need it though...

UCAS 09 went live last week, but we've left it a bit so it didnt go slow cos of the heavy traffic..

Thankyou! Im rather excited, still need to pick the exact Course I want to do. I have about 7 options!!

twitter.com/emgreatorex

I started mine in a last minute decision in December, and had to rush around to get things done for January. Best decision of my life. I knew I didn't have the grades, but I had a wave of motivation and determination.

Guest CancerForTheCure
I started mine in a last minute decision in December, and had to rush around to get things done for January. Best decision of my life. I knew I didn't have the grades, but I had a wave of motivation and determination.

What grades did you have? And you got into ALL of your unis?

What grades did you have? And you got into ALL of your unis?

I got a B and a C. I got into four universities and an interview with my fifth. Chose not to go as UEA was where I wanted to go - they wanted AAB.

Grades aren't everything it seems. I had a good personal statement, a good reference, and some good GCSEs.

I got a B and a C. I got into four universities and an interview with my fifth. Chose not to go as UEA was where I wanted to go - they wanted AAB.

Grades aren't everything it seems. I had a good personal statement, a good reference, and some good GCSEs.

So where are you going then? UEA still?

Of course. It was always my wish to go somewhere close to home. It's a great university and only 35 miles away. Still quite a distance I add.

I wish I could go close to home. The nearest uni to me is about 30 miles away, but it doesn't do the course I want to do :cry:

I'm scared about college already, it's scary how fast my GCSE years have gone by, and college is probably going to go quicker. :|

So, a fair few members are heading off to uni this September (they grow up so fast...), but is anyone taking the considerably smaller step towards a levels?

College might be exciting. Staying with the same group of friends wasn't. You really have to get your head down to succeed with your A Levels. It's a big contrast from GCSE. Suddenly everyone works when they don't have a teacher for a lesson...

College might be exciting. Staying with the same group of friends wasn't. You really have to get your head down to succeed with your A Levels. It's a big contrast from GCSE. Suddenly everyone works when they don't have a teacher for a lesson...

And a lot of the learning is down to yourself, too. You aren't spoonfed information anymore.