Unofficial Mills

Schedule Changes - Dick and Dom leave R1

simon38

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree - i liked dick and dom when i listened. I thought they actually worked well on the radio and t hey seemed like they put alot into it as well. I think that the lie-in was actually a good slot for them but i think maybe in another slot they could have done better - but as they said they didnt want to commit to more shows/days.

Those who said the lie-in wasnt good for them - where do you think they are suited for? Chart Show? Switch? Early Breakfast or Weekend Breakfast?

How the radio 1 schedule should look-

Mon-Fri

4AM- 6AM Dick & Dom

6AM-10AM The Chris Moyles Show

10AM-1PM Jo Whiley

1PM-4PM Annie & Grimmy

4PM- 7PM Scott Mills

7PM-9PM Zane Lowe

10PM-Midnight Colin & Edith

Sat & Sundays

7AM-10AM Weekend Breakfast with Coxy

10AM-1PM Vernon Kay/ Fearne & Reggie

1PM-4PM Nihal- Footy update

4PM-7PM Request/Chart Show with Greg James

7PM-10PM BBC Switch with the public. Teens of the public take over radio 1?

10PM-Midnight The Surgery with Aled

How does everyone think the schedule should look?

What you think of mine?

What a mess

I really support women's rights to have decent maternity benefits...but from a listeners point of view it has created a real muddle of presenters!

I missed who was meant to be covering Edith's afternoon slot for the next few months...?

I think she'll be really good on a sunday morning... but what happened to the all singing all dancing modern mum who was going to carry on with her normal life after having a baby....and now is coming back to work part time..... I wonder if she will go back to working full time... or have a few years break working part-time?

What a mess

I really support women's rights to have decent maternity benefits...but from a listeners point of view it has created a real muddle of presenters!

I missed who was meant to be covering Edith's afternoon slot for the next few months...?

You're right, she should either pop the sprog out in the morning and come back for her show in the afternoon or hand her job other to someone who doesn't have one of those pesky uteri. ;)

I actually think that R1 have done a good job of covering her slot, and after all, if she comes back too soon, and she's at the stage of worrying constantly about the baby, it'll be the show that suffers.

but what happened to the all singing all dancing modern mum who was going to carry on with her normal life after having a baby.

Believe me, my Mum did that, it's not good, unless you're superhuman.

With regards to Dick and Dom, I'm not particularly sorry to see them go. I liked the lie-in, but other than that, I found the sense of humour on the show to be quite childish, as if they hadn't moved on from kid's TV. I hated the "I love Dick" thing too, it was an okay concept but it jumped the shark a long time ago, I got very fed up of all the callers who thought they were oh-so-original by saying they loved Dick, it was just cringeworthy.

but what happened to the all singing all dancing modern mum who was going to carry on with her normal life after having a baby....

I'm pretty sure that was just EF4L that was going around saying that. She's starting to become the female Iain Smith ;)

I don't think this is the end of the schedule changes. The new year is likely to bring some more.