Unofficial Mills

Computers suck

Jono

I just got my laptop back from the repairs because the wire wasn't working and the power had died. So I get it back, they put in a new harddrive and solder the wire in. And now the wire isn't working and the battery is dying.

I ring them up complain and they said it's past it now (after like a year or so) and now I'm left with a huge bill and have to get a replacement i can't afford.

I just got my laptop back from the repairs because the wire wasn't working and the power had died. So I get it back, they put in a new harddrive and solder the wire in. And now the wire isn't working and the battery is dying.

I ring them up complain and they said it's past it now (after like a year or so) and now I'm left with a huge bill and have to get a replacement i can't afford.

I think they've robbed you a bit there

take control

aw,my laptop battery died the wire wouldnt stay in permantly and my motherboard went weird..so pcworld repaired it( for free thank the lord)

but its still not right the batterys fixed but the motherboard is still playing up.

Im getting a new computer in January though.

Just whatever you do Jono do not take it to pc world or buy from them either(i made that mistake with it at first)

twitter.com/emgreatorex

I am so unhappy. I don't know where to go for a new computer and whether I should get a laptop or a computer. My folks can bearly afford it as my mum was given the boot at work, and I just brought a phone for christmas assuming I could afford it :(

I think you should get a PC for what you use it for pc's tend to be much more reliable than laptops. Dell do osme good deals or go to a good local computer shop and ask them to build a custom made computer you can get a ok computer for about 400pound norm

I have a face for Radio!

I'm hurt by the topic title. Not all computers suck :(

ha, mine has been there.

had a particular time when it kept signing me off msn 2 seconds after i'd signed in... and its favourite party trick is crashing...

but its behaving now, ive threatened it with no xmas pressies if it doesnt behave ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if it'll be alright to try and get insurance money on this. I mean I suppose in a way it's linked to 'spillage' (lol), or a drink going over it a while back, they sort of said it wouldn't last that long. But then it could be other issues, do you think it's possible to link the two. As I don't know, the computer company doesn't know either, but it's possible. The insurance company says they will look at it and see if it's fixable or not, but I don't see it being able to be fixed. It's just whether the story works for them.