Football Season 2008/09

popbitcher

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm happy for SWP. Like I've said already, he's a player of great potential... but when you're playing in a suqad with people like Deco, Lampard, Drogba and Joe Cole there's not really much room for you to muscle into the 1st team. Hopefully he'll get more 1st team Football at Man City!

I'm a huge Chelsea fan, always have been and always will be, but I feel that when Abramovich pulls out of Chelsea, and he will, that the club will be left in the lurch. All the expensive players that we've got over the years will leave as they wont be getting paid and we'll be left with nothing as our youth academy is virtually non-existant meaning that we have no players to fill the places that will be left behind by the more expensive players that've left.

Anyway, looking forward to the CL draw tonight... just hope we don't get Liverpool AGAIN!

To be honest, I wouldn't play Beckham, and get either Bentley or Cole there. I'd also get Ashley Young in on the left, and maybe Ashton or Agbonglahor up front.

i would give ashley young a go on the left against andorra, as a sub possibly. but ashton hasn't really impressed me so far for england, plus he lacks international experience like agbonlahor. and we can't risk people who don't know the drill like we did with carson last november against them. although heskey has been in the wilderness until last september, he played very well against israel and russia and bought the best out of owen. so thats a partnership that needs to be used, plus i have to admit heskey has played against the big nations in big matches in the past (germany, brazil, argentina etc).

i do admit rooney is a massive talent and i like him, but he's looked a shell of his former self after every foot injury. especially since euro 2004 for england he has rarley looked the 2 goal a game, creative player he started out as. for united he started rough on the wings but he sort of grew into it, it's worth a try being as we put him upfront against the czech republic and he looked a bit lost and didn't link with defoe well. however by september that could change, it's still possible he's not fully fit.

on the grid.

All I can say is bugger!

PSV, Marseilles and Athletico Madrid... Not an easy group.

Regarding England and Rooney.... Rooney isn't really a striker, but he isn't a midfielder either.. He just seems to do a Kuyt like job for England, not what he does for United

The poster formerly known as Robbo

i'll hold you to that...

damn, milners gone. i'd make a bet that oba and owen could be gone over this weekend too while mike ashley is on, or at least january for owen. i think the stupid fat bastard wants to save money and play in the championship, milner is the type of player we needed and now we have nothing to replace him, not even any time to get lennon in.

on the grid.

Ahahahaha.

Hull are most definitely this seasons relegation fodder.

Bollocks are we. Everyone has conveniently forgotten we won and drew our first two matches.

I'm also sick and tired of people saying we're not Premiership quality yet. We've had 3 matches and a couple of years ago we weren't even in Championship. Give it a fucking break already.

There/ They're/ Their. Different words.

never mind hull, we're the ones totally screwed. it's all well and good with that fat c*nt sitting in the emrates drinking beer while his team are down 3-0. we lost milner and taylor, owen, martins are gone next.

we have hull at st james next as well, 0-3 easily.

on the grid.

Bollocks are we. Everyone has conveniently forgotten we won and drew our first two matches.

I'm also sick and tired of people saying we're not Premiership quality yet. We've had 3 matches and a couple of years ago we weren't even in Championship. Give it a fucking break already.

Now you know how it feels to be a Chelsea fan, everyone always wants to have a dig ;)

Dissapointing result against Spurs today, didn't deserve a win after the way Spurs played in the 2nd half. Shoddy play from Kalou today.. and Anelka still doesn't seem to be making much of an impact.

Wasn't the best performance in the world, but oh well. Anelka just doesn't seem to be doing it for us. The sooner we get Drogba back, the better.

On the plus side Robinho has publicly stated that he wants to join Chelsea. I can see this transfer happening at 23:59 tomorrow night....

To be honest I don't think that Hull are going to be this seasons fodder. They did quite well in their first two games, they're no Derby. Remember Futures, Wigan gave us a game a week ago. They're a pretty good side.

Aaaaaaaah.. The prospect of facing United without Gerrard and Torres is a little worrying!

Well, at least we got through Villa when most, including BBC and Sky Sports analysts, were expecting us to lose.

I'm sure it'll all get better...

The poster formerly known as Robbo

4-2 Gers :)

Kenny Miller scored 2 finally :) Against celtic aswell nice one. Pedro Mendes was awesome! his goal was pretty brilliant. Cousin got sent off, i dont think he deserved it but i predicted he'd get sent off when i saw he was starting.

Rangers looked pretty strong today, despite being out of europe and losing Cuellar im feeling quite positive about the rest of the season :)

And on the point of newcastle trying to keep Owen... whats the point? He isnt anything special! and definetly not worth what they are paying him.

My Photos are online at www.markohare.com

really glad Rangers beat them today, even funnier to see Celtic fans mocking Kenny Miller prior to kick off with the following banner :

250i5pk.jpg

he he, now look who's the numpties? Corker of a goal by Pedro Mendes from 30yds out. Also great to see Artur Boruc making a complete clown of himself again in the Celtic goal. Here's the goals for those who havent seen them yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UJVO6P2AIU apologies for the quality of coverage but its the best I can find at the moment

Wasn't the best performance in the world, but oh well. Anelka just doesn't seem to be doing it for us. The sooner we get Drogba back, the better.

On the plus side Robinho has publicly stated that he wants to join Chelsea. I can see this transfer happening at 23:59 tomorrow night....

To be honest I don't think that Hull are going to be this seasons fodder. They did quite well in their first two games, they're no Derby. Remember Futures, Wigan gave us a game a week ago. They're a pretty good side.

I was listening to some of it on 5 live as I had to go out, but the commentators on there were saying just what you've said about Anelka and how we're missing Drogba. I can't understand why we bought Anelka.. yes, he's a good player and when he gets goals, they're nice goals... but with Drogba, Lampard, Kalou and now Deco... is he really needed? Just another Steve Sidwell imo. Good when he's the main man, but not as good when he's surrounded by world class players.

I've got to be honest, I haven't really been keeping an eye on the whole Robinho saga. Would be nice if he did manage to come to Chelsea but at the same time I don't think we'd miss not having him.

True that. Wigan are a pretty impressive team this season. No idea how long it'll last for though.

Talking of Derby, I see that they're bottom of the Championship now.

with all due respect to them, what the hell have wayne rooney and david beckham done this season so far to justify their place in the england team? i think walcott deserves a chance but not at that expense. the fitness thing with capello is bs, when he picked owen for the game against the swiss earlier this year he was in worse shape than he is now. it's a personal issue with owen, how very professional fabio you italian twat.

plus you have to think that heskey is also above darren bent who scored against chelsea away yesterday, and no wright phillips?! i'll be laughing so hard when croatia win 3-0.

on the grid.