Unofficial Mills

Come Dine With Me

Grace

Scott mentioned this on his show a few weeks back, and I was wondering whether anyone else watches this? More4 show 5 episodes (a week's worth of dinner parties) back to back on a Sunday and I've become addictive.

On today's episodes there's been a 70 year old woman who decided as an after dinner treat to get out her pet mouse from where she was ten, stuffed with half its whiskers missing, and someone who won't stop talking about how he doesn't like salmon.

On previous episodes there's been a old bloke who spend 70p on his whole main course, as they were pig's trotters from the butchers, a woman who left her guest in the freezing cold for 20 minutes because she was early; she went outside, scolded her and then came back in and slammed the door in her face and a middle-aged woman who got her best friend's son to dress up as a "sexy waiter" and was groping him and everything.

So, do you watch? Is everyone who goes on it categorically deranged?

I watch it if it's on, although I prefer the old episodes to the current ones, as they seem funnier and less "sitcomy". My mum said that people at her workplace were gathering a group together to participate in the show, but she declined to go for it. I don't blame her; at the possiblilty of someone criticising my mums food or it not going to plan, it would embarassing to watch.

• 11 months later...

Digging this up as I'm a big CDWM fan again!

I wish I took sauces to dinner parties. Imagine you're in McDonalds and you whip out a bottle of ketchup. You'd never have to fiddle with those stupid machines again!

Liam seemed dead annoyed about that.

The 5 x 30 mins shows are on More 4 Sunday from 17:15; the 1 hour show is Channel 4 Sunday at 20:00

Aha. Thank you. :) I'm normally snoozing on the sofa by this time on a Sunday - might explain why I alway miss it.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

Yeah! Lets campaign for a R1 special of Come Dine With Me, it would be brilliant. Chris Moyles goes on about how much his cooking has improved since getting Jamie Oliver's new book so this would be the perfect chance for him to showcase his new skills.;) Can you imagine how enthusiastic Sara would be?! I imagine that Edith would be great at cooking, she seems like a creative person.

And then theres Scott right at the end, getting his staff to do all the work :P Classic TV.

Nik B.

Born to Toads.