Unofficial Mills

Annoying Habits

Chaos

No, I'm not talking nuns here.

So, you got any?

I'll start us off:

• I sometimes crack my knuckles and my neck.
  • I nearly always have my mp3 player on, even in the house.
  • I sing along to the mp3 player.
  • On a game, I hate making choices - sometimes I go back and take the other choice, just to see what happens.

The most heroic act is the one that no-one knows about.

I'm reknown for my rants about EMA, because for people that don't get it, I think that it's the most unfair thing in the world; so verbal diarrhoea also to that extent, to quote Grace. I'm always complaining, too. And I bitch about people when I don't mean to.

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

I don't see why it's unfair. It's the same with university, you'll get more of a grant that you don't have to pay off. And it's right. I know many friends who never got the EMA and didn't get much of a grant, but their parents can afford to pay all of their fees off for them. My parents can't. Nor could they afford to pay for me to travel to college every day. And the EMA came in handy for that.

Point taken, but the most annoying thing is when they're supposed to spend EMA on travel and schooling items, and instead of that they spend it on alcohol. Try sitting around people that are complaining they spent their EMA at the weekend on booze when you have to actually earn your money, and your parents have to, in effect, work to give other kids money.

Point taken, but the most annoying thing is when they're supposed to spend EMA on travel and schooling items, and instead of that they spend it on alcohol. Try sitting around people that are complaining they spent their EMA at the weekend on booze when you have to actually earn your money, and your parents have to, in effect, work to give other kids money.

Well the only ones I knew who spent money on alcohol were those who had a part time job too. And how they spent their money was up to them. Sure it doesn't work for everyone, but I think it was a success rate for us. One girl saved all hers and earnt enough to pay her uni fees off with it all.

As I was not in the best frame of mind yesterday I will now try and answer this thread again!

1. I speak with out thinking.

2. I analyse everything

3. I chanel hop the tv constantly

4. I buy too many shoes!

Okay I think thats enough for now :)

Oh one more Im on here when I should be working!, thats kind of one from my boss..opps! :shock:

Friends are the family we choose for ourselves

My housemate won't stop going on about all the grants he gets from the government to spend on alcohol. Both my parents have worked my entire life and they're about to retire and they've worked jobs that at times they hated to pay for me and my sister. I don't have a job, no one will employ me, so I am living off money I've saved from birthdays and christmases when I was younger. I get a student 'loan' that barely covers my rent and now has a massive rate of interest on it.

Then my insensitive idiot of a housemate comes out with things like "Oh I think you should pay for the food I eat because I need to save my money for nights out and blow £50 of the money the government gave me on miscellaneous costs and alcohol but you don't drink much so you can spend the money you save on my food because that's fair." Maybe it's just him, he's well known for not shutting up and irritating the f*** out of everyone.

I get easily irritated these days. Perhaps that is a bad habit. Along with not filing my lecture notes more often than about twice a year, by which time I've lost half of them.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

My housemate won't stop going on about all the grants he gets from the government to spend on alcohol. Both my parents have worked my entire life and they're about to retire and they've worked jobs that at times they hated to pay for me and my sister. I don't have a job, no one will employ me, so I am living off money I've saved from birthdays and christmases when I was younger. I get a student 'loan' that barely covers my rent and now has a massive rate of interest on it.

Then my insensitive idiot of a housemate comes out with things like "Oh I think you should pay for the food I eat because I need to save my money for nights out and blow £50 of the money the government gave me on miscellaneous costs and alcohol but you don't drink much so you can spend the money you save on my food because that's fair." Maybe it's just him, he's well known for not shutting up and irritating the f*** out of everyone.

That reminds me of one of my friends. She moved out, lives alone in one of the houses that her boyfriend's parents own, doesn't have to pay the rent, gas, electric, etc. She gets £30 EMA a week and £50 from her parents. She has two jobs. She gets £165 for university open days for transport. She steals my food at lunch because she "can't afford any". She gets various other money benefits, too. Now, she's having her resits paid for by the government because she has "no money". So, she's on around £100+ a week, which I think is more than enough for one person.

Anyway, for a friend's birthday in a few weeks, we're all going to Blackpool Pleasure Beach, and there was a deal that said if 16 people go, we all get in for £18. So, today I get a text from the friend I first mentioned, saying that she'll pay for us all to get in, and we pay her back whenever. According to my calculations, 16 multiplied by 18 is around £288, which seems a lot of money for people who say they have none. Like the case with you, Lucinda, this irritates the hell out of me too.

As for bad habits, I still get distracted too easily.

The EMA is a great thing as it gives equal opurtunities to those who could be disadvantaged otherwise. Kids deserve to learn that's their right.

However, the way it is given out is wrong IMO. my mate from School lived with his mum, she has divorced from his real Dad and had a new boyfriend. When he had to prove the income of his household he couldn't give his mums boyfriends figures so got £40 per week. The Boyfriend had LOADS of money and being a sorta step parent always made sure he was in pocket, so thats my two cents.

I find it hard to keep to topic :D

90758050lf4.jpg