Unofficial Mills

Jim Bowen

KingTutsWWH

Would anyone care to enlighten me as to how you actually play darts? The technical stuff like scoring, stance, distance, what the hell an 'Oki??' is? etc.

I know the middle bit is a bulls eye, but apart from that... bit lost

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

You start at 501 usually. You hit the dart board that has numbers around the edge and you have to try and make it down to 0 first by taking turns. There's also doubles and trebles on the board in the green and red bits, but they're more difficult to get.

You start at 501 usually. You hit the dart board that has numbers around the edge and you have to try and make it down to 0 first by taking turns. There's also doubles and trebles on the board in the green and red bits, but they're more difficult to get.

Thank you.

So you try and score less????? That's just weird. Hope Scott has a grasp on this odd system.

Is that why Levi's called their jeans 501s?

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

Thank you.

So you try and score less????? That's just weird. Hope Scott has a grasp on this odd system.

you have to keep scoring downwards from 501 to 0, I believe you have to finish though on a double or treble so for example if you had 20 left you would have to finish the game with a double 10.

Just found this, here are all the official rules for darts in accordance with the World Darts Federation.

http://www.cyberdarts.com/zwdf/wdfrules.html