Unofficial Mills

Is Radio 1 moving back to pop?

Jono

It's been quite indie orientated up until recently - where we've seen additions like Leona Lewis, Orson, Robyn, Kylie and Britney - is Radio 1 moving away from this one genre and back to the pop variety? If so, is it a good move?

Radio 1 will never satisfy the indie kids, they should stick to pop music and leave the indie to the commercial stations. Or maybe it will be 'like this? you can find more of it on 1more where we only play indie music' like they do for 1xtra.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

I agree, it's the best thing they've done by miles.

And as for Radio 1 turning more poppy... to be honest I'm not sure what I think about it. I only really like about half of the stuff they play anyway, I mainly listen these days for the DJs alone. Besides I have other radio stations to satisfy my musical cravings so as far as I'm concerned R1 can play whatever it wants.

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

kylie (i think), leona, robyn and britney are all being played on galaxy anyway. so they must be classing them as r&b records.

i heard the bloc party record on the way back from birmingham yesterday and going there. pretty popular by now.

on the grid.

The Bloc Party song reminds me of a cheesy club song, particularly his voice in the first verse, but I can't think of what the song actually is. I think they've done better stuff personally, but I can see why it's getting a lot of radio play.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'