26th August to 1st September 2007

Jono

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What is Scott worrying about? He never bloody does anything on these things! He never touched anything on myspace, he just lurked. It's just laziness ;)

Yeah but the BBC is crap... when I logged in the office I imagine Scott could get on as me. It's all to do with the BBC having the same IP addresses.

Haha, when Callum joined it says "Callum is now single." He hadn't actually filled it in before, but it was like er, he had a girlfriend before?!

I have a new game at the moment. Because if you have two friends that are friends with each other you see the comments they make on each other's walls. So I'm making my friends paranoid by commenting on their friends walls.

So it says "Jono just commented on Laura's wall... Urgh that Scott is a right slapper, did you hear what he did." And they'll be able to see it!

Hmm that's a new one on me though. Newsbeat reporting workers shouldn't use facebook, and then Scott reporting his boss is always on it!

I don't like the way friends can 'tag' you in photographs, and then it comes up on your photos when people look at your profile.

Now I currently have three VERY DRUNK photos of me on my photos because someone else added them.

I'll never pull on facebook now! I imagine bebo is more Scott's thing.

I've never been on Facebook, I can't understand it at all. Is it worth it?

I think it's too mature for you. It's not like myspace where it's so much a laugh, it's something to buys you during the office and stay in touch with old friends.

Everyone pretty much has the same profile, when I first joined it was like "where do I change it to make it pretty", but you don't. Since leaving sixth form though it's become quite fascinating.

Too mature for me? :( I might give it a go anyway.

Well I'd say it's more 'real' friends than the ones you talk about from live journal :P

You invite people from your e-mail account, and then they have to accept you, and know you.

I have Joel and Greg James on my profile, amongst a few others, but I'm not on a limited profile with them like other listeners because of Unofficial Mills I guess.

how do i get to read all your blogs :D

Click Blogs at the top of the page under the banner. Or click the link in my signature.

Does Jo Jo sing "I'm loving myself" or "I'm rubbing myself"? She's not done much since that attempt at replying to Sean Kingston.

...when I logged in the office I imagine Scott could get on as me. It's all to do with the BBC having the same IP addresses.

That's normal for any larger organisation - the internet gateway out of the company does something called NAT (network address translation) and keeps track of what internal IP it needs to route stuff back to... So it IS all separate, but just the gateway's IP is visible to visited sites.

Aren't there programs that hack myspace and other profiles by entering every word in the dictionary? So you have to put numbers and punctuation in so they can't do it.

That's called either a 'brute force' or 'dictionary' attack... Takes a dictionary attack about a day to crack a password containing words and numbers. Passwords are best kept completely random if possible, the brute force attack (trying EVERY combination) then takes DAYS to complete and is beyond the casual hacker...

I think it's too mature for you. It's not like myspace where it's so much a laugh, it's something to buys you during the office and stay in touch with old friends.

I don't like Facebook. One of my ex's has found me on it and is now pursuing me once again - YEARS after I last managed to shake her off. :(