Unofficial Mills

Just what we need in television land...

Jono

A Channel 4 + 1. It's going to replace Film 4 +1 on Freeview, and launch on Sky and Cable. I suppose it'll be more use to me than Film Four plus an hour, but great, now this will give the go ahead for all the other channels to follow suit.

Not sure if I like the idea of this... least it's not another ITV channel.

They should replace E4+1. Don't need that many channels showing Big Brother Live 20 hours a day and Friends 4 hours a day. Film4+1 is actually useful, if you notice a good film is on but have missed some of it.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

• 4 weeks later...
Nuts is also launching there own slot on freeview which will probably rubbish

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/broadcastnowarticle.aspx?intStoryID=170239

Well here's a full press release ahead of it's launch -

Model Lucy Pinder and comedian Dan Wright, presenter of BBC3's F*** Off I'm Ginger, are among the faces of Nuts TV, which launches next week.

Pinder will present excerpts from writers such as HG Wells and Shakespeare in a nightly Book at Bedtime. Wright will be the main anchor on Friday and Saturday nights with his comedy partner Steve Marsh.

BBC Radio 5 Live traffic and travel reporter Lynsey Horn will also anchor the channel, fronting film reviews and news about music, gadgets and cars and hosting panel show Beat the Beauties.

The channel, a spin-off from publishing company IPC's weekly men's magazine Nuts, will broadcast 20 hours of live TV per week, from 9pm to 1am on Freeview channel 42.

It is being launched by IPC's parent company Turner Broadcasting System.

All shows will be made by ETV and the programming will target young men with shows about sport, gadgets, cars, music, comedy, news, and girls.

Each night kicks off with Rude News, a daily digest of "the least important global stories of the day."

Other highlights include Fanzai, a twice-nightly sports news show and game shows North vs South and Gender Bender, in which three lads and three girls battle to see who knows the most about the opposite sex.

In Will Beauty Call? three blokes fight the chance for the phone number to Miss England, Miss Liverpool and Miss Glasgow.

Britain's Fittest Barmaid will invite the nation's top pint pullers to show off their physical skills on a nationwide journey.

In Fit and Fearless, young ladies, aided by spirit medium Ian Lawman, will travel across the UK seeking out paranormal experiences.

Nuts TV goes live on 12 September.

What we need is a channel that doesn't have adverts, doesn't have all that sh*t that's on the telly, basically it should be like the up and coming BBC iPlayer, you can choose what you want. It would be so nice to choose your own television schedule for that day!!

if a goat was a sheep and a sheep was a goat, what would a gerbil be?

They can be when something goes wrong, but when it all works their TV offerings are pretty good in my opinion. You get the same content as the 4OD online service, along with the same sort of content for the other major channels (which I don't think is available online yet for all).

As well as that you have free access to a load of older quality series - things like Father Ted / CSI / Prison Break etc. And very cheap rentals (pennies) of old films etc - cheaper than going to blockbuster...

And finally, if you add their new V+ service (same as Sky+ with an extra tuner), you can timeshift everything to your heart's content.

Not bad when it's all working, but their customer service for TV/Phone does leave something to be desired...