Unofficial Mills

The Exams Thread

Jono

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I feel the pressure. I feel like I'm getting progressively worse at Latin, and I'm petrified of the exams because I know I won't have a clue what they're talking about. I was doing a latin paper last night and didn't understand what was going on at all, so I made it all up. Talking of which, I have a lesson in about 30 seconds time in which I have to hand in the work I made up last night, so I gotta go :(

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

• 3 weeks later...

...tomorrow I have an English Literature GCSE, and I'm really scared...

I can't concentrate and revise, did this happen to anyone else before their GCSEs? And how can I overcome it? :-X

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

no it never happened to me. i took mine in 2004, when you were all sperm except for quincy.

just go in and look at the questions and put down what answer you think or know is right. just simplify it down to that and worry about all the other crap later if you have to.

on the grid.

Ive got rosie on the phone to me every few minutes worrying about hers too,and ive got some people in my year taking their IT one tommorow.Aslong as you've revised hard you'll be fine.

Dont worry Hun xxx

twitter.com/emgreatorex

English literature isn't a nice exam to be honest. It's probably the longest GCSE you'll take. Ok, so last year I did over 6 hours of exams in a day (I get extra time, so it was really long) but at GCSE English isn't nice.

I found it hard writing 3 essays about 3 entirely different things. It was my only B at GCSE.

But, the good news is, I found that once I'd done a few exams -- english lit was my third GCSE -- I stopped getting so nervous. You might actually find that doing something to relax will help, because really if you don't know it now, revising at this point won't help you. Play some games or watch TV and try to forget about it.

The younger people round here have english lit tomorrow and some of them are quite scared too...

Edit: Ditto DC, did it in 2004, friday afternoon before half term, when I was just a wee 15 year old :(

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

whats wrong with you all?

back when i took mine i just took full advantage of the time i had off inbetween by spending my mornings sitting in the back gardern listening to jo whiley playing brandy and kanye west every 10 minutes. and then took each test.

bollocks to what the teachers say. gcse's are important yes, but not as mad and hyper as they make out. they just want to keep their jobs. you dont have to worry if you dont do as well as you think you are going to there is always backup education after like college. and you end up doing better than you think you would do, i didn't revise one bit for them (not advised). but i did fairly well.

on the grid.