Unofficial Mills

Producer Chris Sawyer is Leaving

Producer Chris has announced on socials this is his last week on Radio 1. It seemed like he and Greg have become genuine friends and I feel like the chemistry between them is the reason why we get such great content and chaos from the Breakfast show.

I can’t think of any specific examples off the top of my head, but Scott’s show seemed to have similar energy when Chris was his producer.

Sad to see him go, and I’m sure Greg will be feeling a little lost without him. I wonder who will replace him, and where he’s going?

I sure Capital Breakfast was looking for a new executive producer not long ago.  Maybe Jordan is putting his team together?  Would be dirty play if true.

Maybe he's off to Radio 2? Maybe even Scott's show?  Or into podcasts?

6 hours ago, callspy said:

I sure Capital Breakfast was looking for a new executive producer not long ago.  Maybe Jordan is putting his team together?  Would be dirty play if true.

Maybe he's off to Radio 2? Maybe even Scott's show?  Or into podcasts?

I thought Chris Stark was an exec or does that change under Jordan? 

He could do anything, to be honest, he has the creativity. Will be a hard one to replace. 

These words of wisdom really resonated with me as somebody who'd love to still get to Radio 1. He really has been a big asset to the breakfast show. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4i1mc0iYJj/?igsh=ZXM1NWdpMDBuZXl4

Coincidentally his comments on Friday didn't sound like somebody who wants to do more breakfast radio after Greg's show! 

Hats off to Chris for leaving a challenge for Greg.  To plan that out was great detailing and proves what a talented guy he is.  The post he posted on Instagram also links into it which is great to.  There is loyalty to Greg there so I don't think he's joining Capital.  Persephonica was looking for an 'experienced entertainment producer' a few months ago. I wonder if this is where Chris might be heading? 

5 hours ago, callspy said:

Hats off to Chris for leaving a challenge for Greg.  To plan that out was great detailing and proves what a talented guy he is.  The post he posted on Instagram also links into it which is great to.  There is loyalty to Greg there so I don't think he's joining Capital.  Persephonica was looking for an 'experienced entertainment producer' a few months ago. I wonder if this is where Chris might be heading? 

That's Dino Sofos' outfit isn't it? Looks a very exciting project if so.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...