Unofficial Mills

Sam and Danni for The Official Chart?

forde52

I can’t help but think maybe Sam and Danni are being lined up to take on the Chart Show, or to be the main subs for it?

I thought they sounded great today and they even had a proper Opening chart show jingle (that doesn’t happen for just anyone). 

59 minutes ago, forde52 said:

I can’t help but think maybe Sam and Danni are being lined up to take on the Chart Show, or to be the main subs for it?

I thought they sounded great today and they even had a proper Opening chart show jingle (that doesn’t happen for just anyone). 

Yeah I thought it was interesting they launched the new imagery this week and had the new voiceover lined up! 

Either way they seem worthy of it - perhaps with weekend breakfast. They've got a good energy that suits it. 

I wonder if the jingles were just because a new package has been launched and it would sound out of place to not have a presenters name on it?

Agree Sam and Danni did a solid job on the chart today. Giving them a third show wouldn't be out of the question.

James Cusack also does a brilliant job when covering the chart and is very deserving of a Radio 1 show that's not just the chart but a regular show. I rate both S&D and James, both underused at Radio 1

Sam and Danni are great but I think the chart yesterday was better evidence of that than their weekend breakfast show is. The one thing they're missing is a strong format for their show. I don't know why it's so light on features or proper 'bits' (like the stuff Scott does on R2 that form most of the content for his show or the different things Matt and Mollie do rather than sticking to regular features entirely). I mean even James Cusack covering any show he does has more content than Sam and Danni's show does. Otherwise they're brilliant.

4 hours ago, UnofficialStark said:

Sam and Danni are great but I think the chart yesterday was better evidence of that than their weekend breakfast show is. The one thing they're missing is a strong format for their show. I don't know why it's so light on features or proper 'bits' (like the stuff Scott does on R2 that form most of the content for his show or the different things Matt and Mollie do rather than sticking to regular features entirely). I mean even James Cusack covering any show he does has more content than Sam and Danni's show does. Otherwise they're brilliant.

Agree. I've said before that these 'normal' shows that aren't relying on a format like anthems or chart or reading shouts infact take a particular skill and type of presenter, similar to Scott Mills, Jordan when on weekends or Matt and mollie now.

I listen to Radio 1 to be entertained and these type of, empty if you like, shows really do expose some presenters. There is nothing to lean on so if you aren't entertaining I've got spotify. I think the M&M covers that Ore did a few weeks before Christmas highlighted it because his shows massively lacked presenter content, features, overall had little to talk about.

You're right in what you say above there is definitely room for more in Sam and Danni's show but it's getting there and I do really like them.

James cusack when covering makes it seem effortless, he's always got something interesting to talk about, an original topic and is entertaining. Actually seems to turn up with his own features to the shows and isn't relying on other presenters features. The hiss off feature is a stand out getting listeners to hiss at things they don't like made us howl at work. Reminiscent of Scotts stuff and I've said before like a hyrbid of Jordan and Scott rolled into one, definitely should have a proper show this year.

I have really enjoyed Sam and Danni on the chart the last two weeks. I don't know whether it's intentional, but their style seems to freshen up the 'serious tension' that solo presenters usually bring to it, it's been much lighter and a bit of a giggle.

I share the sentiments above about their weekend shows - I really like them as a pair and would love them to have more features or just more structure. Although, having said that, because they come across as just two mates having a natter a lot of the time, it makes for really comfortable passive listening for me. It doesn't demand too much attention, but is still entertaining in a way, so maybe that's what they are going for.

If they had a weekday show I could really see them pulling off something like what Scott and Chris had, with the right production - I know people have said the same about Matt and Mollie, and to be honest I never really rated Matt and Mollie until some of the posts on here made me give them a second try, and now I really enjoy their shows. I hope Sam and Danni don't get stuck on weekends the way Matt and Mollie seem to have been.

Yeah, it has been a freshen up on Jacks seriousness and they did a good job of it. He seems to do it very straight and like future artists.

When both Jordan and James have covered it's also been a very good listen and similar in lighter style and some funnies, they don't take it massively seriously and there's none of the shouting that can sometimes happen on there.

I think lots of the presenters on Radio 1 have that mates style but there is still definitely some room for the entertainment and content (Scott factor if you like) to be ramped up across a number of shows