Unofficial Mills

Chatbox

Jono

Hiya.

I've noticed the chatbox is hurting the forums, I'm keen that those bigger discussion points appear on the forums themselves, and the general day-to-day chitter chatter uses the chat software. The forums are good for archive purposes, easier to keep on top of conversations, to promote on social media, and essentially are the bread and butter for bringing people back to the website.

A lot of admins end up closing their chatboxes because they take people away from the forums - I don't want to do that as I like the interactivity. 

But have a think whether it's worth opening a new thread for bigger talking points - like new voiceovers, 2024 predictions, etc. Forums still have a place on the internet, hoping we can prove that!

Thank you!

I have to admit, I love the chatbox. It's good to see what the day-to-day hot topics are... but, seemingly not all forum posts are notified of in the chatbox, I'm not sure whether that is intentional or not, but I really find it useful that there are notifications when someone posts to the forum in the chat box - it makes it easier when I am on my phone to see what people are posting about, and to keep up to date with all the latest things!