Unofficial Mills

Why does Scott never admit to being gay?

Mygeyiq

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Riz said Scott doesnt want to be "labelled" as the gay one, to be honest I think that it doesnt matter at all and he doesnt have to tell everyone about it on air its his own choice if he does or not, which is what people accept and dont really seem to question.

twitter.com/emgreatorex

No offence, but it's just not worth it. If he doesn't want to talk about it, he shouldn't have to. It's his own choice. :)

I know that. But he made the choice to 'come out'. Why come out and then not talk about it on his radio programme? It is own choice and you are right. It is just curiosity.

As Riz said Scott doesnt want to be "labelled" as the gay one, to be honest I think that it doesnt matter at all and he doesnt have to tell everyone about it on air its his own choice if he does or not, which is what people accept and dont really seem to question.

Correct me if I'm wrong he was voted an influential homosexual. He is recognised as someone important, this is why I just found it odd he doesn't talk about it. There is a different between talking about sex with men and just mentioning he went on a date with a man.

Well said Ema. It seems to regularly come up, but why bemuses me.

*takes a bow*

I could add more, and correct my rubbish punctuation but I really need to wash my hair and make a list of stuff I want from Ikea...

twitter.com/emgreatorex

Try looking at it from a gay guy's perspective. I think he has guts to come out. As a teenager I've followed him knowing that he is accepted in society for that. But it is difficult to comprehend why he would come out and then not ever mention it again.

Since everyones giving their point of you ill give you mine. Scott doesnt hide his sexuality! do you expect a notice before every show making it clear that scott is gay?

Scott is in my opinion the Funniest Man on the radio, its up to him whether he talks about his sexuality but he isnt hiding it!

Also if your looking for someone like scott as a role model why would you want to change him to suit your needs?

My Photos are online at www.markohare.com

Hi there...

I think you're all looking at it very differently to how I see it. The hints are there, and to me that's his way of making people aware of his sexuality. I think the show uses a bit of reverse psychology and trickery like that... just take Chappers' stance on Geek World for an example. It's a bit of fun how he comes across on air.

But the reason why Scott doesn't talk about it is the same with Laura, the one that doesn't speak and Chopper. Unlike the Chris Moyles show, they don't talk about their private lives. You hear selected bits if it's crucial to running a feature, other then that it's kept off the air. That's why you don't hear much about Chopper's private life, or who Scott might be with.

And as you all say, why does it matter? It's a very different show to the breakfast show. This show takes into account some details and stories of the team's lives that they want to share, and interact with the listeners to hear their stories. It's more about us than them.

So it's the same with Scott's private life. A combination of that and the factors already mentioned.

I have, however, read he sometimes takes time to read through listeners e-mails from those struggling with their sexuality. So you could always e-mail him, he does read them...

He's come out as gay, so it's no secret, and I think it's best that he doesn't refer to it openly on air, as I think DC said once about him never being like "coooey!", it makes much better listening if you hear Chopper mentioning he never has much luck with the ladies etc, etc.