Unofficial Mills

Jordan and Mollie

Lily Georgia

On 10/23/2023 at 6:58 PM, Greg20 said:

I disagree, I think Jordan is really natural. Just how one wants a radio presenter to be today. Jordan tells a great story, reminds me of Nick Grimshaw and Sara Cox. I find Mollie the stiff one, if anyone is stiff. The thing is it takes time for relationships to blossom and one week on breakfast isn’t enough. I almost think if it’s not broken, don’t fix it. Go back to Matt and Mollie and Vick and Jordan.

We can agree to disagree, I love mollie and matt. I think they should have been the natural successors to Scott. When they do breakfast it’s the best because they bring a different dynamic, it’s innuendos, it’s trivia, it’s interactive and more relatable. Maybe a north south divide as to what constitutes entertainment. 

I think Jordan will be the next breakfast host with Mollie. Vick won’t want to do it and nor will Katie move down. 

Seems inevitable that once Greg goes, it will either be Jordan & Mollie on breakfast with Vick & Katie on drive or else Jordan & Katie on breakfast with Vick & Jamie on drive. Think the second option would make more sense. I really like Mollie but think a lot of that's down to how good her and Matt are together. Also, she's not exactly the future of the station and it seems a risk to put an unfamiliar duo on breakfast full time. The shows with Jordan this week have been solid but sound a bit forced. Jordan and Katie are so brilliant together and have a genuine friendship so they seem like the obvious choice but who knows.....

On 10/25/2023 at 11:56 AM, Old Codger Fan said:

Whereas driving force should have been ensuring that there wasn't too marked a drop in quality!

Agreed. The target of a daytime show outside of London could have been met without the instant quality drop. It just doesn't seem to have improved that much over one year on unfortunately, whereas other shows and presenters have

I know some will disagree but the more I listen to Mollie and Jordan, I think Mollie is way more natural at presenting the breakfast show than Jordan is. I know all of you love Jordan so I’m waiting for the hate. 

I think him and Katie are a great combo, I think Katie and Vic are a great combo. He gets nervous around girls he fancies and that was so evident when he presented with Vic and was in love with her and I think Mollie intimidates him. 

Matt and Mollie should take over breakfast, Vic and Jamie/Emil do lunchtime. Jordan stays on drive with Katie. James takes Katie’s show and Vicky does the lunchtime weekend slot with either Nat or Emil. 

Greg has lost more listeners in the latest RAJAR report. 

55 minutes ago, Sara97 said:

I know some will disagree but the more I listen to Mollie and Jordan, I think Mollie is way more natural at presenting the breakfast show than Jordan is. I know all of you love Jordan so I’m waiting for the hate. 

I think him and Katie are a great combo, I think Katie and Vic are a great combo. He gets nervous around girls he fancies and that was so evident when he presented with Vic and was in love with her and I think Mollie intimidates him. 

Matt and Mollie should take over breakfast, Vic and Jamie/Emil do lunchtime. Jordan stays on drive with Katie. James takes Katie’s show and Vicky does the lunchtime weekend slot with either Nat or Emil. 

Greg has lost more listeners in the latest RAJAR report. 

I did notice similar with Jordan saying Mollie ‘gives him the ick’ and then getting her to say ‘daddy’. Was a bit of playground flirting.

Jordan & Mollie have been great this past week - one of the biggest pieces of praise you can give to both is that you wouldn’t know it’s been their first time on-air together for years. They played off each other brilliantly and don't take themselves too seriously but still sound excellent. Makes you wonder what they might be like with a few more shows together.

I started off the week thinking if Vick is dead set against doing Breakfast post-Greg (as seems to be the case) then Jordan & Katie was the obvious option.

That's still very much the case. However, I wouldn't complain if it ended up now being Jordan & Mollie - Katie could easily take Jordan’s spot on Going Home (any combo of Katie, Vick or Jordan just works) plus if Mollie is on Breakfast full-time it creates a proper slot for Maia Beth on Future Pop who is low-key fantastic and deserves a regular slot.