Unofficial Mills

Local Elections - May 2007

dstrkzn

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just voted in the Welsh Assembly Elections, my dad works for Wrexham council so he managed to get a postal vote sorted out for me. It's the first time I've actually voted 'cos we never had local elections in Wales last year. Go me. :D

Oh, and while I'm here, I'd just like to say that UKIP and the BNP are a bunch of ARSES. So there.

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

I sincerely hope Labour take a battering via this plebiscite.

I'm not voting for the Liberal Democrats in these parts as it's a Labour stronghold and they (Labour) have retained a sizeable majority of the votes for the past several decades and I don't see any notable differences on policy between either party. I would never vote for the Tories or any party on that side of the spectrum so it's an anti-Labour, left-wing independent candidate for me as a protest vote.

I actually voted last night. We had no idea if we were registered to vote, but some of my friends had postal votes for their home areas. My home Council wasn't involved yesterday. However, last night someone dumped a load of individually addressed polling cards on a table in our Hall and we found ours, discovered there was a polling station on Campus and went to vote. They really did keep it quiet - it took us about half an hour of wandering to find it, tucked in a corner somewhere. I don't reckon many people bothered.

None of us knew anything about any of the candidates, there was an independent running who actually lived on one of the Halls on campus, but we didn't know anything about him or his policies, so we all chose to vote on our party allegiances. I thought I should vote, as I'd been too young to do it before.

As far as I can tell, the Lib Dems held the ward.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Scotland

So with 82 Seats declared [of 129]

Its really close between the SNP and Labour, with the SNP at 30 and Labour at 32.

The SNP seem to have taken the votes of the small Partys like the SSP/Solidarity

SNP up 15

Labour down 8

My Photos are online at www.markohare.com

ok so the Alex Salmond speech was mainly this

Enquiry into the Voting problems

SNP are most voted for party, whether they win the most seats unclear

Labour are the losers of the Election

Inc Quote from Donald Dewer.

And it terms of the seat numbers

SNP 40 - LAB 39!

My Photos are online at www.markohare.com